Prawn and Peanut Zoodle Soup Recipe
Why order takeaway when this fabulous soup is so quick to whip up at home? Prawns are a filling source of protein, while the zucchini noodles, or “zoodles”, are a more easily digestible alternative to wheat and white rice noodles, which can send your blood sugar on a rollercoaster. Enjoy as a light lunch or dinner.
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbsp green curry paste
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 thumb-sized piece fresh ginger, peeled & cut into matchsticks
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 anchovies, chopped (optional)
- 400mL tin coconut milk
- 200mL good-quality fish stock
- 2 tbsp tamari
- Juice 1 lime
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 200g raw prawns, peeled & deveined
- 2 zucchinis, spiralised
- Handful coriander, to serve
- Melt coconut oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add curry paste and peanut butter and cook, stirring, for 1 min.
- Add ginger, lime leaves and anchovies, if using, and give a quick stir. Pour in coconut milk and stock and bring to boil, stirring from time to time.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 mins. Add tamari, lime juice and chilli, then stir in prawns and zucchini. Cook for 3–4 mins or until prawns are opaque.
- Serve immediately topped with coriander.
The secret healing power of pineapple
We all know pineapple is deliciously sweet - but did you know about its secret healing power? Read on to...
Why avocados are good for your health
Avocadoes are not only delicious but also a source of healing fats and nutrients.
Do you love avocado? Dr Karen Bridgman shares the health benefits of the fruit
Who doesn't love smashed avocado atop their toast on the weekend? Avocadoes are not only delicious but also a source...
We take a look at Cardamom, "the queen of spices" and its health benefits
Known as the “queen of spices”, the active ingredients in cardamom exhibit a variety of metabolic activities including reducing spasms...