Quinoa-Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
One of my favourite vegetarian meals, these Quinoa-Stuffed Mushrooms are tasty and super simple to make. The combination of protein from the quinoa, carbohydrate via the vegetables and essential fats from the walnuts makes this one brain-boosting, nourishing meal.
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- 8 medium–large Portobello or field mushrooms, stalks removed & set aside
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (½ cup uncooked will yield 1 cup)
- ½ small red onion or bunch spring onions, finely diced
- Large handful spinach or kale leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves, picked off stalks (or 1 tsp dried thyme)
- 100g soft feta or goat’s curd, crumbled
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- Rocket or mixed lettuce leaves, to serve (optional)
- Zest 1 small lemon + 2 tbsp juice
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, unpeeled (roasted with mushrooms)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Chop mushroom stalks and combine in bowl with quinoa, onion, spinach or kale and thyme leaves.
- Mix through feta or goat’s curd. Taste and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon onto mushrooms, pressing into place, then top with walnuts and sprinkle with chia seeds.
- Place on baking tray with whole clove of garlic and roast for 20 mins.
- For dressing, mix together zest, lemon juice and olive oil and, once cooked, squeeze out soft centre of roasted garlic and mix into dressing.
- Serve mushrooms on bed of rocket or mixed lettuce leaves and drizzle over dressing.
Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This pumpkin bread is nutrient-rich, high in protein and fibre, free from grains and gluten and can be made dairy-free....
Curry Spiced Trail Mix Recipe
Snack time just became a whole lot more interesting thanks to this Curry Spiced Trail Mix: the perfect combination of...
Butter Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Curry Recipe
Cauliflower and sweet potato add such abundant nutrition to this traditional curry dish with a twist. Both vegetables are rich...
Buy-Nothing-New Curry Recipe
This curry is fabulously frugal and the tastiest way I know to make the most of less-than-desirable looking vegie odds...