Rainbow Chard Rice Wraps Recipe
I love these little green parcels that I first made using a Stephanie Alexander recipe. These have a different filling that bursts with the flavours of Cyprus.
- 8 large rainbow chard or silver beet leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled & diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ cup basmati rice
- 1¼ cups water
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 tbsp capers
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped dill
- ½ cup pine nuts or sunflower seeds
- ¾ cup passata or tinned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Slice stems from chard leaves, placing leaves aside for later.
- Slice stems into small pieces as for celery, and add to saucepan with oil, onion and garlic. Cook on low–medium heat until onion is soft.
- Add spices and cook for another min.
- Add rice and cook for 2 mins, stirring frequently. Add water and salt and bring to simmer.
- Turn heat to low, put lid on and cook for 12–15 mins.
- Once cooked, stir through capers, herbs and half of pine nuts or sunflower seeds.
- Bring large saucepan of water to boil, and using tongs, plunge each leaf into boiling water for 2–3 seconds, removing and laying out on dry clean tea towel, to make leaves easy to roll without breaking. (If chard is already beginning to soften, skip this step.)
- Take 1 leaf and place 2 tbsp of the rice mixture at one end. Roll up like sushi, gently but firmly, and place in baking dish.
- Continue with remaining leaves and rice mixture so that all rolls are nestled in dish together.
- Combine tomato and lemon juice and pour over rolls.
- Bake for 30 mins. Cover halfway through cooking if rolls are starting to look dry. Serve with reserved pine nuts or sunflower seeds.
Vegan Mushroom Croquettes with Cashew Aioli Recipe
Baked for optimum health, these creamy vegan mushroom croquettes offer a deliciously moreish appetiser, snack or dinner staple.
Niulife Organic Coconut Milk Powder —
Use in place of milk or milk powder in smoothies, cooking, baking, and dessert making. 100% of profits from...
Niulife Vegan Fysh Sauce — Kokonut Pacific
With the same great taste, this plant-powered seasoning is a deliciously healthy alternative to fish sauce.
Raw Mango Spring Rolls Recipe
These fresh and tasty raw mango spring rolls make a wholesome vegan starter or lunch, packed with plenty of antioxidant...