Rainbow Mushroom Poke Bowl by Jacqueline Alwill from The Brown Paper Bag
Eat the rainbow: a simple philosophy in nutrition that encourages you to eat a variety of wholefoods and, in the process, deliver your body vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fibre, proteins, carbohydrates, fats and so much more. Try it out in this healthy and delicious Rainbow Mushroom Poke Bowl.
- Pickled Carrot
- ⅓ cup apple-cider vinegar
- 1 carrot, peeled & finely sliced
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 400g shimeji mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari
- ½ cup cashews, roughly chopped
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 rainbow radishes, finely sliced
- ¼ red cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- ¼ cup mint leaves, finely sliced
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coriander Dressing
- ½ bunch coriander, rinsed & roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos + 2 tsp apple-cider vinegar
- Pickle carrot by placing apple-cider vinegar and ¼ cup water in bowl, add carrot, push down to cover with vinegar dilution and set aside to cure for 5–10 mins.
- Blend together dressing ingredients in high-speed food processor or blender until smooth.
- Heat frypan on medium heat, add coconut oil and mushroom, drizzle with coconut aminos or tamari and cook for 4–5 mins, then remove from pan and set aside.
- Add cashews to pan and cook for 2–3 mins or until lightly golden, then remove from pan.
- Create poke bowls by arranging ingredients around each bowl, starting with brown rice as base.
- Add dressing ingredients to jar, put on lid and shake well. Serve with coriander dressing drizzled over each bowl.
No refined sugars and loads of fruit make this vegan tropical iceblock recipe a real winner
Cherry and almond sorbet
This simple cherry and almond sorbet recipe doesn’t require an ice-cream machine, and it's vegan-friendly too. What are you waiting...
Mango passionfruit chia pudding
Need a healthy breakfast or a lunch on the run? These vegan mango passionfruit chia puddings are the perfect solution
Strawberry, banana and vanilla iceblocks
Sugar-free, plant-based and vegan, these strawberry, banana and vanilla iceblocks will be your best healthy indulgence go-to ever.