Rainbow Mushroom Poke Bowl by Jacqueline Alwill from The Brown Paper Bag
Eat the rainbow: a simple philosophy in nutrition that encourages you to eat a variety of wholefoods and, in the process, deliver your body vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fibre, proteins, carbohydrates, fats and so much more. Try it out in this healthy and delicious Rainbow Mushroom Poke Bowl.
- Pickled Carrot
- ⅓ cup apple-cider vinegar
- 1 carrot, peeled & finely sliced
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 400g shimeji mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari
- ½ cup cashews, roughly chopped
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 rainbow radishes, finely sliced
- ¼ red cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- ¼ cup mint leaves, finely sliced
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coriander Dressing
- ½ bunch coriander, rinsed & roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos + 2 tsp apple-cider vinegar
- Pickle carrot by placing apple-cider vinegar and ¼ cup water in bowl, add carrot, push down to cover with vinegar dilution and set aside to cure for 5–10 mins.
- Blend together dressing ingredients in high-speed food processor or blender until smooth.
- Heat frypan on medium heat, add coconut oil and mushroom, drizzle with coconut aminos or tamari and cook for 4–5 mins, then remove from pan and set aside.
- Add cashews to pan and cook for 2–3 mins or until lightly golden, then remove from pan.
- Create poke bowls by arranging ingredients around each bowl, starting with brown rice as base.
- Add dressing ingredients to jar, put on lid and shake well. Serve with coriander dressing drizzled over each bowl.
Okra with Kefir Lime, Coconut Rice and Sambal Recipe
I absolutely love the combination of the okra with this incredible rice! This is a very simple method of cooking...
Okra Panzanella Recipe
I love adding olives and roasted capsicum to this traditional Tuscan-inspired recipe. The addition of pan-fried okra and lemon gives...
Vegetable Tagine Recipe
This recipe is one of my all-time favourites for using up leftover vegetables. It can be made in a tagine...
Cauliflower, Chickpea and Pomegranate Tagine Recipe
Brassica vegetables such as cauliflower are nutrient-rich powerhouses that are loaded with disease-fighting vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals. Most of brassicas’...