Raspberry and Lemon Mini Cakes Recipe
These have become a bit of a hit in my household — one batch was made and another batch had to be made the following night! Feel free to pop the mixture into any mould you have. It would even work very well in an ovenproof mug for something very quick, easy and comforting. Enjoy this Raspberry and Lemon Mini Cakes Recipe.
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup blanched almond meal
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Zest & juice ½ lemon
- 12 fresh raspberries
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease 2 small baking moulds.
- Add egg, olive oil, coconut palm sugar and lemon zest to bowl. Whisk together until light in colour. Add blanched almond meal, baking powder, lemon juice and raspberries. Gently mix together until well combined.
- Divide mixture between 2 moulds. Bake for 15–20 mins, until golden-brown and firm to touch.
- Allow to cool before removing from moulds. Top with sprinkle of desiccated coconut.
8 helpful questions to challenge your negative self-talk
In every moment of every day of your life, your thoughts are determining how you feel and behave. Discover how...
5 ways to get kids excited about real food from low-tox expert, Alexx Stuart
Low-tox expert Alexx Stuart shares her method to get kids excited about and interested in real food. Find our her...
How to use Ayurveda to bring balance and good health to your skin
Knowing the nature of your dominant dosha can guide you to make dietary, lifestyle and skincare choices that your face...
Egg metabolites associated with lower risk of diabetes
New research finds egg metabolite is associated with lower risk of type two diabetes.