Raw Chocolate and Cranberry Fudge RecipeCredit: Lisa Guy
This decadent treat is loaded with goodness. Raw cacao contains powerful antioxidants called phenols that help lower cholesterol levels and blood pressure. Cashew nuts are an excellent source of protein and fibre to help keep blood sugar levels balanced and sugar cravings at bay. Dates are a great source of dietary fibre and provide important nutrients, including magnesium, phosphorus and calcium, which are needed for strong healthy bones.
Makes: 6–8 slices
- 90g raw cashew nuts
- 14 Medjool dates, seeds removed
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- Handful dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- Handful pistachios or almonds, roughly chopped
- Rose petals (optional)
- 150g good-quality dark chocolate, melted
- Place cashews, dates and cacao powder in food processor and blend until well combined.
- Cover chopping board with baking paper and place fudge mixture in centre. Cover with another piece of baking paper and use rolling pin to flatten mixture to required thickness.
- Press in edges with fork so they are square then top with cranberries, pistachios and rose petals and drizzle with melted dark chocolate.
- Put fudge in freezer until ready to eat. Cut into squares and serve.
Discover organic at our Welbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Tortilla and Black Bean Pie Recipe
This pie has minimal cooking and is fun for kids to put together, although adult supervision is recommended.
Portobello Black Bean Burgers with Lemon and Garlic Recipe
Not only are these burgers scrumptious and filling, they are also sneakily healthy, meaning you won’t get that after-burger bloat...
Muesli Yoghurt Cups Recipe
This gorgeous dessert or snack is a crowd-pleaser! Yoghurt is a great source of protein, calcium and vitamin D necessary...