Raw Chocolate and Cranberry Fudge Recipe
This decadent treat is loaded with goodness. Raw cacao contains powerful antioxidants called phenols that help lower cholesterol levels and blood pressure. Cashew nuts are an excellent source of protein and fibre to help keep blood sugar levels balanced and sugar cravings at bay. Dates are a great source of dietary fibre and provide important nutrients, including magnesium, phosphorus and calcium, which are needed for strong healthy bones.
Makes: 6–8 slices
- 90g raw cashew nuts
- 14 Medjool dates, seeds removed
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- Handful dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- Handful pistachios or almonds, roughly chopped
- Rose petals (optional)
- 150g good-quality dark chocolate, melted
- Place cashews, dates and cacao powder in food processor and blend until well combined.
- Cover chopping board with baking paper and place fudge mixture in centre. Cover with another piece of baking paper and use rolling pin to flatten mixture to required thickness.
- Press in edges with fork so they are square then top with cranberries, pistachios and rose petals and drizzle with melted dark chocolate.
- Put fudge in freezer until ready to eat. Cut into squares and serve.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Fibre-Rich Baked Veg Mash Recipe
This delicious vegie mash is suitable for vegetarians but you can also replace the vegetable broth with beef or chicken...
Gluten-free and Vegan Cauliflower “Cheese” Soup Recipe
This liver-loving, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant-rich Cauliflower “Cheese” Soup is enriched with nutritional yeast, lending an extra dose of B vitamins.
Mushroom and Capsicum Fajitas Recipe
Serve this healthy and delicious dish as one big snack where everyone can help themselves and make their own fajitas.
Vegan Korean Mandu Dumplings Recipe
These delicious healthy vegan dumplings can be enjoyed in a vegetable broth or soup, making them the perfect Korean recipe...