Rhubarb and Apple Deconstructed Crumble Recipe
Each component of this is delicious in its own right, but combined they make a force to be reckoned with. Plus, it makes a lovely protein and fibre-rich dessert. If you’re lucky you might have some compote or crumble left to dress your morning porridge with — yum!
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3–4 stalks rhubarb, leaves discarded
- 1 apple, cored & diced
- Rose water
- 3–4 cardamom pods
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- 40g pecans (or your favourite nut), roughly chopped
- 40g almond meal
- 10g pepitas
- 20g pistachios
- 10g butter, cold from fridge and cubed
- 1 tbsp black (or white) sesame seeds
- Cacao nibs
- Combine yoghurt, maple syrup and vanilla and place into fridge until needed.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Slice rhubarb stalks into 5cm pieces, and place in small saucepan with the rest of compote ingredients.
- Cook on low–medium heat until fruit is softened and comes together in pink blend.
- Meanwhile, combine crumble ingredients and rub together between fingers to coat nuts and seeds in butter.
- Place on lined baking tray and bake for 10–12 mins.
- Layer yoghurt mix, compote and crumble in bowl or glass, and top with desired extras.
Roast Pumpkin and Kale Tart Recipe
You don’t need to consume meat in order to help your iron levels. Per calorie, studies suggest that kale has...
Blackberry and Apple Crumble Muffins Recipe
These tasty muffins are jam-packed with protective antioxidants and dietary fibre that help neutralise free radicals in the body and...
Miso Vegetables Pilaf Recipe
Miso is one of my favourite fermented foods which I use often in marinating fish, in dressings and as a...