Rhubarb and Apple Deconstructed Crumble Recipe
Each component of this is delicious in its own right, but combined they make a force to be reckoned with. Plus, it makes a lovely protein and fibre-rich dessert. If you’re lucky you might have some compote or crumble left to dress your morning porridge with — yum!
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3–4 stalks rhubarb, leaves discarded
- 1 apple, cored & diced
- Rose water
- 3–4 cardamom pods
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- 40g pecans (or your favourite nut), roughly chopped
- 40g almond meal
- 10g pepitas
- 20g pistachios
- 10g butter, cold from fridge and cubed
- 1 tbsp black (or white) sesame seeds
- Cacao nibs
- Combine yoghurt, maple syrup and vanilla and place into fridge until needed.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Slice rhubarb stalks into 5cm pieces, and place in small saucepan with the rest of compote ingredients.
- Cook on low–medium heat until fruit is softened and comes together in pink blend.
- Meanwhile, combine crumble ingredients and rub together between fingers to coat nuts and seeds in butter.
- Place on lined baking tray and bake for 10–12 mins.
- Layer yoghurt mix, compote and crumble in bowl or glass, and top with desired extras.
Broccoli Rabe, Macadamia & Chilli Spaghetti
This simple vegetarian pasta is quick and easy to make and a really tasty, healthy meals that’s perfect for the...
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Vegetarian cashew and zucchini Indonesian noodles
What works as a stand-alone vegetarian dish, goes well with tofu, and can even proudly accompany a chicken or fish...
Thai mango salad
This summery Thai mango salad ticks all the boxes for a fresh and healthy meal