Rhubarb and Apple Deconstructed Crumble Recipe
Each component of this is delicious in its own right, but combined they make a force to be reckoned with. Plus, it makes a lovely protein and fibre-rich dessert. If you’re lucky you might have some compote or crumble left to dress your morning porridge with — yum!
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3–4 stalks rhubarb, leaves discarded
- 1 apple, cored & diced
- Rose water
- 3–4 cardamom pods
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- 40g pecans (or your favourite nut), roughly chopped
- 40g almond meal
- 10g pepitas
- 20g pistachios
- 10g butter, cold from fridge and cubed
- 1 tbsp black (or white) sesame seeds
- Cacao nibs
- Combine yoghurt, maple syrup and vanilla and place into fridge until needed.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Slice rhubarb stalks into 5cm pieces, and place in small saucepan with the rest of compote ingredients.
- Cook on low–medium heat until fruit is softened and comes together in pink blend.
- Meanwhile, combine crumble ingredients and rub together between fingers to coat nuts and seeds in butter.
- Place on lined baking tray and bake for 10–12 mins.
- Layer yoghurt mix, compote and crumble in bowl or glass, and top with desired extras.
Mauritian Lentil Soup
This Mauritian-inspired red lentil soup is the ultimate comfort food. Easy to whip together, it’s warming to the body, with...
Oven-Baked Vegie Fritters
These tasty vegie fritters are loaded with dietary fibre for good bowel health, beta-carotene for healthy vision and complex carbohydrates...
Give sugar the flick with this honey-sweetened lemon tart: you’ll never look back. If you are a real honey fan...
English Baked Beans on Toast
Tinned baked beans are full of sugar and salt. Once you’ve tried this recipe, you won’t buy tinned beans ever...