Rocky Road Slice
This rocky road is made from scratch and with good nutrition in mind. While this recipe definitely has a few more layers to the making, it’s so worth it when you taste the result. Adults and kids love it and you can serve it with great confidence that you’re delivering quality nutrition instead of a slice full of refined sugar.
- Coconut Raspberry Marshmallow
- 3½ tbsp powdered grass-fed gelatine
- ⅓ cup cold water
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp rice-malt syrup or honey
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp rice-malt syrup, honey or maple syrup
- Rocky Base
- ¼ cup hazelnuts
- ½ cup dried apple, cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup apple juice-sweetened cranberries
- ¼ cup almonds
- ¼ cup macadamias
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- To make marshmallow, whisk together gelatine and cold water in bowl with fork. At this stage it should become gluey and hard.
- Warm raspberries, coconut milk, vanilla and sweetener of choice in a saucepan until medium–hot, but not boiling. Once warm, add gelatine and whisk all ingredients together until smooth. Pour into lined loaf tin or rectangular dish and place in fridge to set for about 1½ hrs. When set, cut into small pieces.
- To make chocolate, melt coconut oil gently on low heat. Remove from heat, and whisk in cacao and maple syrup until smooth.
- To finish, layer half marshmallow pieces and half rocky base (nuts and fruits) over base of lined square or rectangular cake tin (approx. 20 × 20cm), pour over half chocolate and repeat.
- Place in fridge to set for 1 hr.
- Slice and serve direct from fridge.
Chocolate and raspberry pudding
This sweet and rich bowl of goodness is filled with berries, bananas and all-round goodness and can be enjoyed as...
Christmas Chocolate Almond and Pistachio Cookies Recipe
Pistachios are laden with antioxidants, including lutein, beta-carotene and vitamin E, which makes them a healthy choice for looking after...
Strawberry & Pistachio Chocolate Bark Recipe
This is a really fun and simple recipe that kids can help you prepare at Christmas time.