Roll Ups Recipe
Roll-ups are delicious, healthy little canapés that are perfect for a special occasion. Best of all, they can be tailored to suit your own taste and dietary requirements. The limit is your imagination!
Makes: 8–10 roll-ups
- 1 large zucchini
- Hummus, spread along ribbon
- Pesto, spread along ribbon
- Cream cheese or labne, spread along ribbon
- Thin slices leg ham, smoked salmon & other meats, cut into strips to arrange inside length of zucchini ribbons
- Nori sheets, cut into strips to sit inside ribbons
- Tuna or shredded chicken mixed with small amount of mayonnaise (you don’t want the mixture too wet, so go easy on the mayo)
- Prepare zucchini by using vegetable peeler or mandoline to slice into ribbons. The longer the ribbon, the bigger the roll-up will be.
- Select filling (or combination of fillings) and arrange along length of ribbon.
- Roll up into little pinwheel and, if necessary (for less binding fillings), secure with toothpick.
Greek Lamb Skewers in Pita Recipe
Get your iron boost for the week with these Greek marinated lamb skewers served with fresh herbs and plenty of...
Spicy Beef Lettuce Cups Recipe
These lettuce cups are my take on the san choy bau and combine lean beef mince with fresh herbs and...
Asian Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy Recipe
This recipe is super-easy to make and is guaranteed to be on midweek meal rotation. The glaze is Asian-inspired and...
Chickpea Vegetable Tagine Recipe
Science confirms that diets containing a diverse range of vegetables produce healthier gut bacteria. So while eating vegetables is important,...