Roll Ups Recipe
Roll-ups are delicious, healthy little canapés that are perfect for a special occasion. Best of all, they can be tailored to suit your own taste and dietary requirements. The limit is your imagination!
Makes: 8–10 roll-ups
- 1 large zucchini
- Hummus, spread along ribbon
- Pesto, spread along ribbon
- Cream cheese or labne, spread along ribbon
- Thin slices leg ham, smoked salmon & other meats, cut into strips to arrange inside length of zucchini ribbons
- Nori sheets, cut into strips to sit inside ribbons
- Tuna or shredded chicken mixed with small amount of mayonnaise (you don’t want the mixture too wet, so go easy on the mayo)
- Prepare zucchini by using vegetable peeler or mandoline to slice into ribbons. The longer the ribbon, the bigger the roll-up will be.
- Select filling (or combination of fillings) and arrange along length of ribbon.
- Roll up into little pinwheel and, if necessary (for less binding fillings), secure with toothpick.
Quick Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
I love this meal for a midweek quickie when I have no protein to work with. I try to always...
Indian-Spiced Mince with Peas Recipe
Dinner doesn’t get any more budget friendly, easier or tastier than this Indian Spiced Mince with Peas. It’s one of...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Baked Sweet Potato Hash Browns Recipe
These hash browns can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner. The wholesome savoury flavours of sweet potato team...