Royal Sandwich Biscuits Recipe
Biscuits are the ultimate sweet comfort food when dunked in a steaming cup of tea. As a simple invitation to a friend it’s part of the fabric of our society — it’s one of the easiest forms of hospitality! In an age of fleeting fads and virtual reality, deep down we value things that are real and enduring. Coconut biscuits sandwiched around a chocolate filling is a combo people have enjoyed for years.
Makes: 16–20 biscuits
- Chocolate Filling
- 80g good-quality chocolate, broken into pieces
- ⅓ cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Coconut Biscuits
- 1 cup almond meal
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 110g coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- 1½ tsp vanilla powder
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- To make chocolate filling, melt chocolate in small saucepan over low heat then stir in remaining ingredients. Let stand for 1–2 mins, then stir and set aside to cool until thickened.
- Preheat oven to 175°C and line baking tray with baking paper.
- In medium bowl, mix almond meal, coconut flour, bicarb soda and salt.
- In large bowl, beat coconut oil and coconut sugar for 1 min. Stir in almond butter, vanilla powder and egg until mixed. Fold almond meal mixture into egg mixture, then refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Roll dough into 16–20 balls, place on prepared baking tray with at least 2.5cm between them and press each down with spatula.
- Bake for 12–15 mins until golden, then cool completely on baking tray. They’ll be soft in the middle but will harden as they cool.
- Once cool, spread 1 tbsp of filling on half of biscuits. Place second biscuit on top, then leave for 1–2 mins for chocolate to set.
- Store in airtight container in fridge for 4–5 days.
No refined sugars and loads of fruit make this vegan tropical iceblock recipe a real winner
Cherry and almond sorbet
This simple cherry and almond sorbet recipe doesn’t require an ice-cream machine, and it's vegan-friendly too. What are you waiting...
Mango passionfruit chia pudding
Need a healthy breakfast or a lunch on the run? These vegan mango passionfruit chia puddings are the perfect solution
Strawberry, banana and vanilla iceblocks
Sugar-free, plant-based and vegan, these strawberry, banana and vanilla iceblocks will be your best healthy indulgence go-to ever.