Royal Sandwich Biscuits Recipe
Biscuits are the ultimate sweet comfort food when dunked in a steaming cup of tea. As a simple invitation to a friend it’s part of the fabric of our society — it’s one of the easiest forms of hospitality! In an age of fleeting fads and virtual reality, deep down we value things that are real and enduring. Coconut biscuits sandwiched around a chocolate filling is a combo people have enjoyed for years.
Makes: 16–20 biscuits
- Chocolate Filling
- 80g good-quality chocolate, broken into pieces
- ⅓ cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Coconut Biscuits
- 1 cup almond meal
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 110g coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- 1½ tsp vanilla powder
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- To make chocolate filling, melt chocolate in small saucepan over low heat then stir in remaining ingredients. Let stand for 1–2 mins, then stir and set aside to cool until thickened.
- Preheat oven to 175°C and line baking tray with baking paper.
- In medium bowl, mix almond meal, coconut flour, bicarb soda and salt.
- In large bowl, beat coconut oil and coconut sugar for 1 min. Stir in almond butter, vanilla powder and egg until mixed. Fold almond meal mixture into egg mixture, then refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Roll dough into 16–20 balls, place on prepared baking tray with at least 2.5cm between them and press each down with spatula.
- Bake for 12–15 mins until golden, then cool completely on baking tray. They’ll be soft in the middle but will harden as they cool.
- Once cool, spread 1 tbsp of filling on half of biscuits. Place second biscuit on top, then leave for 1–2 mins for chocolate to set.
- Store in airtight container in fridge for 4–5 days.
Roasted Cauliflower and Potato Curry Recipe
Turmeric has been used and well respected for 2500 years in India as an Ayurvedic medicine. This brightly coloured spice,...
Pumpkin and Chickpea Curry Recipe
I can’t tell you how important it is to follow a soaking process when preparing any legumes or pulses. If...
Curry, Baked Tempeh and Vegie Bowl Recipe
Having a curry spice on hand is such a delicious way to diversify the way you cook vegies and proteins...
Spiced Walnut and Date Bliss Balls Recipe
These bliss balls are the perfect sweet treat and the spices add a lovely warm and heated flavour. These would...