Salad of Zucchini, Sugar Snap Peas and Brown Lentils with Balsamic and Dijon Vinaigrette Recipe
This dish uses the beautiful ingredient red cabbage, a staple in the Russian diet. It’s both colourful and super-nutritious.
- ½ cup sugar snap peas, topped & tailed
- 1 cup spiralised zucchini noodles
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely shredded
- ¼ cup cooked brown lentils
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Salt & pepper
- Place sugar snap peas in pot of boiling water for 1 min, then drain and rinse under cold water.
- Place spiralised zucchini, red cabbage, sugar snap peas, brown lentils and radish on serving plate.
- Prepare dressing by placing ingredients in jar and shaking until well combined.
- Drizzle some dressing over salad and serve.
Mango and Coconut Ice Blocks Recipe
These delicious ice blocks make a healthy treat for the whole family. They are a nutritious alternative to sugar-laden store-bought...
Chocolate, Avocado and Berry Cake Recipe
This delicious cake caters to many intolerances as it’s dairy-, egg- and gluten-free and vegan. It gets a lovely richness...
Coconut and Tapioca Pudding with Pineapple Flowers Recipe
Traditionally, tapioca pudding in Sri Lanka is made with condensed milk and quite a lot of sugar. This is my...
Cauliflower Hummus Recipe
The cauliflower lends a gorgeous nutty flavour and, garnished with some extra roasted chickpeas and veg, the texture is equally...