Salmon, Walnut and Avocado Salad Recipe
This Salmon, Walnut and Avocado Salad really is “mood food” — delicious, easy to prepare and a wonderful combination of ingredients contributing vitamins, minerals, proteins and good fats to support optimal brain and neurological functioning.
- 4 cups mixed leaves (rocket, watercress & baby spinach)
- 1 large avocado halved, peeled & diced
- 200g piece (approx.) smoked salmon (I use a whole fillet of hot smoked salmon, broken up into chunks, but you can use the sliced version if you prefer)
- 5–6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3–4 radishes, halved & sliced
- ½ cup walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1 red onion, halved & thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- Zest & juice 1 medium lemon (approx. ¼ cup juice)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp horseradish cream
- Good pinch sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Place leaves in bowl or on 2 individual plates. Arrange all other ingredients on top.
- For dressing, place all ingredients in jar and shake until combined.
- Drizzle over salad just before serving.
Lemony Smoked Salmon, Spinach and Caper Berry Quiche Recipe
Quiche is perfect picnic food because it is just as delicious cold as it is it hot. Try this recipe...
Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Poke Bowl Recipe
I love poke bowls! They are a bright, colourful, tasty and nutritious meal. Plus, they're so quick and easy to...
Smoked Salmon Bites Recipe
One of the best and easiest bulk batch snacks to serve for a crowd. Try our Smoked Salmon Bites Recipe!