Salmon, Walnut and Avocado Salad Recipe
This Salmon, Walnut and Avocado Salad really is “mood food” — delicious, easy to prepare and a wonderful combination of ingredients contributing vitamins, minerals, proteins and good fats to support optimal brain and neurological functioning.
- 4 cups mixed leaves (rocket, watercress & baby spinach)
- 1 large avocado halved, peeled & diced
- 200g piece (approx.) smoked salmon (I use a whole fillet of hot smoked salmon, broken up into chunks, but you can use the sliced version if you prefer)
- 5–6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3–4 radishes, halved & sliced
- ½ cup walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1 red onion, halved & thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- Zest & juice 1 medium lemon (approx. ¼ cup juice)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp horseradish cream
- Good pinch sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Place leaves in bowl or on 2 individual plates. Arrange all other ingredients on top.
- For dressing, place all ingredients in jar and shake until combined.
- Drizzle over salad just before serving.
Smoked Salmon Bites Recipe
One of the best and easiest bulk batch snacks to serve for a crowd. Try our Smoked Salmon Bites Recipe!
Chilli Miso Salmon Ramen Recipe
This is a delicious combination that’s also very versatile. You could substitute the salmon for tofu or tempeh if vegetarian,...