Salmon, Walnut and Avocado Salad Recipe
This Salmon, Walnut and Avocado Salad really is “mood food” — delicious, easy to prepare and a wonderful combination of ingredients contributing vitamins, minerals, proteins and good fats to support optimal brain and neurological functioning.
- 4 cups mixed leaves (rocket, watercress & baby spinach)
- 1 large avocado halved, peeled & diced
- 200g piece (approx.) smoked salmon (I use a whole fillet of hot smoked salmon, broken up into chunks, but you can use the sliced version if you prefer)
- 5–6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3–4 radishes, halved & sliced
- ½ cup walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1 red onion, halved & thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- Zest & juice 1 medium lemon (approx. ¼ cup juice)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp horseradish cream
- Good pinch sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Place leaves in bowl or on 2 individual plates. Arrange all other ingredients on top.
- For dressing, place all ingredients in jar and shake until combined.
- Drizzle over salad just before serving.
Tips and recipes to help balance your nervous system
There is a direct and proven link between the food you eat and the health of your nervous system and...
Barley, White Bean and Mushroom Risotto Recipe
This is a gorgeous, hearty take on risotto using barley instead of rice, which delivers a lovely chewy, nutty flavour...
Find fun and fitness through board sports
Discover why more people are choosing to grab a board and ride their way to fun, fitness and freedom.
Are you ready to join the coconut craze?
You see them everywhere — cracked open and ready to drink at fresh food markets and cold-pressed into jars at...