Salmon, Walnut and Avocado Salad Recipe
This Salmon, Walnut and Avocado Salad really is “mood food” — delicious, easy to prepare and a wonderful combination of ingredients contributing vitamins, minerals, proteins and good fats to support optimal brain and neurological functioning.
- 4 cups mixed leaves (rocket, watercress & baby spinach)
- 1 large avocado halved, peeled & diced
- 200g piece (approx.) smoked salmon (I use a whole fillet of hot smoked salmon, broken up into chunks, but you can use the sliced version if you prefer)
- 5–6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3–4 radishes, halved & sliced
- ½ cup walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1 red onion, halved & thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- Zest & juice 1 medium lemon (approx. ¼ cup juice)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp horseradish cream
- Good pinch sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Place leaves in bowl or on 2 individual plates. Arrange all other ingredients on top.
- For dressing, place all ingredients in jar and shake until combined.
- Drizzle over salad just before serving.
Blissed out at Bitter Springs in Mataranka, Northern Territory
We journey to picturesque Mataranka, located at the Top End of Australia’s Northern Territory, and enjoy drifting through pandanus-fringed waterways...
Elderberries for the flu and how processed food may harm the heart
We take a look at elderberries for the flu and how processed food may harm the heart plus much more.
Sore joints? Learn how to treat arthritis naturally and gently
Arthritis is a common inflammatory condition affecting around 3.6 million Australians that is one of the leading causes of pain...
Clownfish disappearing, insects on the slide and other environmental news
Discover why clownfish disappearing, how much water is used to flush toilets and other environmental news.