Salmon, Walnut and Avocado Salad Recipe
This Salmon, Walnut and Avocado Salad really is “mood food” — delicious, easy to prepare and a wonderful combination of ingredients contributing vitamins, minerals, proteins and good fats to support optimal brain and neurological functioning.
- 4 cups mixed leaves (rocket, watercress & baby spinach)
- 1 large avocado halved, peeled & diced
- 200g piece (approx.) smoked salmon (I use a whole fillet of hot smoked salmon, broken up into chunks, but you can use the sliced version if you prefer)
- 5–6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3–4 radishes, halved & sliced
- ½ cup walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1 red onion, halved & thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- Zest & juice 1 medium lemon (approx. ¼ cup juice)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp horseradish cream
- Good pinch sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Place leaves in bowl or on 2 individual plates. Arrange all other ingredients on top.
- For dressing, place all ingredients in jar and shake until combined.
- Drizzle over salad just before serving.
9 tips for longevity from the Blue Zones
Blue Zones are regions of the planet where a high proportion of people live to be over 100 years old....
In conversation with ecostore
We speak with Pablo Kraus, Managing Director of ecostore. Their ethos is to create hardworking, highly effective products for people...
Learn how to cope with criticism and take it in your stride
Criticism is an inevitable component of life, but being prepared for it, and having strategies to deal with it, can...
The good grape: Discover the benefits of grapeseed oil
The seeds of grapes can be compressed into a luxurious beauty oil that’s perfect for the natural skincare beauty. Here...