Scrambled Tofu in a Jar Recipe
Just a few years ago, mason jars were only used for canning. Now, it’s super-trendy to serve food in a jar and for good reason; they’re environmentally friendly, portable and food can look very appetising when stacked or piled in a jar.
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 400g firm tofu, crumbled
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 × ¼ cup water
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 large head broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat frying pan on medium heat. Add onion and sauté until golden brown. Add tofu, spices and ¼ cup water and sauté́ for 1 min.
- Add peas, broccoli and soy sauce. Add another ¼ cup water and stir. Stir constantly until tofu and vegetables are heated through and fragrant.
- Add parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve by dividing scrambled tofu mixture into jars.
Mushroom and Thyme Pasta Recipe
This pasta is one of my favourite vegetarian midweek meals. It’s quick and easy to make and really tasty. You...
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
My mum’s spaghetti bolognese was the best! I could have eaten it every night as a kid; it was my...
Quick Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
I love this meal for a midweek quickie when I have no protein to work with. I try to always...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...