Silverbeet, Basil and Feta Rolls Recipe
These rolls are a quick and easy lunch or dinner. I’ve actually presented these to very green-fussy kids in the past and, to their parents’ shock, they have happily enjoyed eating them. I think it has something to do with encasing it in pastry that gets them over the line!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, peeled & finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled & finely diced
- 1 large bunch silverbeet, leaves washed & picked from stems, finely chopped
- 2 handfuls basil leaves, finely chopped
- Black pepper, to taste
- Pinch sea salt
- Zest 1 large lemon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100–150g feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup rolled quinoa flakes
- 1 sheet all-butter puff pastry
- 2 tbsp milk choice
- 1 tbsp black chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Using a little butter, sauté onion and garlic for 1 min.
- Add silverbeet and cook for 1 min, stirring continually until just started to wilt.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil. Pop into food processor, leaving behind any excess liquid.
- Season with black pepper and sea salt and add zest, egg, feta and rolled quinoa flakes.
- You can process mixture smooth or leave a little texture — up to you.
- To assemble, halve sheet of puff pastry and divide silverbeet filling evenly between pieces.
- Roll and pinch together seam, placing it facing down on baking tray. Brush with milk and sprinkle over chia seeds.
- Bake for approx. 20 mins or until pastry is puffed and golden. Enjoy immediately with beautiful tomato chutney.
Miso Broth, Brown Rice Noodles and Leafy Greens Recipe
This is one of my favourite noodle dishes. After a busy day you can have this nourishing tasty meal on...
Roast Pumpkin and Kale Tart Recipe
You don’t need to consume meat in order to help your iron levels. Per calorie, studies suggest that kale has...
Rhubarb and Apple Deconstructed Crumble Recipe
Each component of this is delicious in its own right, but combined they make a force to be reckoned with....
Blackberry and Apple Crumble Muffins Recipe
These tasty muffins are jam-packed with protective antioxidants and dietary fibre that help neutralise free radicals in the body and...