Silverbeet, Basil and Feta Rolls Recipe
These rolls are a quick and easy lunch or dinner. I’ve actually presented these to very green-fussy kids in the past and, to their parents’ shock, they have happily enjoyed eating them. I think it has something to do with encasing it in pastry that gets them over the line!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, peeled & finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled & finely diced
- 1 large bunch silverbeet, leaves washed & picked from stems, finely chopped
- 2 handfuls basil leaves, finely chopped
- Black pepper, to taste
- Pinch sea salt
- Zest 1 large lemon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100–150g feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup rolled quinoa flakes
- 1 sheet all-butter puff pastry
- 2 tbsp milk choice
- 1 tbsp black chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Using a little butter, sauté onion and garlic for 1 min.
- Add silverbeet and cook for 1 min, stirring continually until just started to wilt.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil. Pop into food processor, leaving behind any excess liquid.
- Season with black pepper and sea salt and add zest, egg, feta and rolled quinoa flakes.
- You can process mixture smooth or leave a little texture — up to you.
- To assemble, halve sheet of puff pastry and divide silverbeet filling evenly between pieces.
- Roll and pinch together seam, placing it facing down on baking tray. Brush with milk and sprinkle over chia seeds.
- Bake for approx. 20 mins or until pastry is puffed and golden. Enjoy immediately with beautiful tomato chutney.
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
My mum’s spaghetti bolognese was the best! I could have eaten it every night as a kid; it was my...
Quick Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
I love this meal for a midweek quickie when I have no protein to work with. I try to always...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Baked Sweet Potato Hash Browns Recipe
These hash browns can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner. The wholesome savoury flavours of sweet potato team...