Simple Sweetcorn Soup Recipe
This deliciously healthy soup conjures up all sorts of childhood memories for me. I hope your connection to it as strong and wonderful as mine!
- 1L chicken stock or broth
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cob corn, kernels cut from cob (as is, or minced in food processor)
- 1 tbsp tamari
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced, to serve
- White pepper, to taste
- Optional Extras
- Chicken, cooked & diced or shredded
- Shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp cornflour, mixed with 2 tbsp water
- Coriander leaves, chopped
- Red chilli, finely sliced
- In small pot, place broth, ginger, garlic and corn (plus optional chicken or mushrooms) and simmer gently for 5 mins.
- Stir in tamari and sea salt, taste and add more salt if required. If you would like a thicker soup, add cornflower mixture at this point and stir through well.
- With soup at slow simmer, stir to make whirlpool and slowly drizzle in egg so ribbons form.
- Serve with spring onion, white pepper (and optional coriander or red chilli).
Can garlic and onion reduce risk of colorectal cancer?
Consumption of allium vegetables -- which include garlic, leeks, and onions -- was linked with a reduced risk of in...
Wholegrains prevent against type 2 diabetes
All types of whole grains, whether it is rye, oats or wheat, offer protection against developing type 2 diabetes.
Eating eggs reduces cardiovascular disease
People who consume an egg a day could significantly reduce their risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Are artificial sweeteners good for you?
Artificial sweeteners have the same negative outcomes as sugar does which is linked to obesity and diabetes.