Slow-Cooked Lemon Chicken Recipe
This nutritious dish contains plenty of protein to keep you satisfied and blood sugar levels stable. Chicken is a great source of tryptophan, an amino acid needed to make melatonin which is an important neurotransmitter that helps us sleep and acts as an antioxidant in the body. Chicken also provides a good dose of immune-boosting zinc and vitamin B12 to support healthy brain and nerve function.
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Small handful fresh rosemary or thyme (plus extra for serving)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium organic chicken breasts
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- ½ cup chicken bone broth
- 1 lemon, cut into thin slices
- 8 small potatoes, halved
- Steamed greens to serve
- In large bowl add olive oil, oregano, paprika, sea salt, pepper, lemon juice, rosemary and garlic.
- Place chicken in seasoning mixture and coat well.
- Place sliced onion in slow cooker, layer with chicken, top with extra seasoning mix and lemon slices. Add potatoes and bone broth. Secure lid and cook on high for 3–4 hours or on low for 6–8 hours.
- Add broccoli and cook for a further 10 mins.
- For golden-brown chicken place chicken and potatoes on baking tray under the griller for 5 mins.
- Serve topped with fresh herbs.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Berry and apple jellies
Fun to make and delicious to eat - these berry and apple jellies sure are a treat
No refined sugars and loads of fruit make this vegan tropical iceblock recipe a real winner
Cherry and almond sorbet
This simple cherry and almond sorbet recipe doesn’t require an ice-cream machine, and it's vegan-friendly too. What are you waiting...