Spaghetti with Creamy Garlic Mushroom & Spinach
When you are tired and hungry after a busy day, this spaghetti with creamy sauce is nurturing and fast to prepare. The creamy sauce is tasty and completely vegan, showing that anything dairy can do, vegan can do just as well.
- 1 packet wholemeal spaghetti
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup plant milk
- 1 cup liquid vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ cup cashew cheese
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 4 handfuls baby spinach leaves, shredded
- Freshly ground salt & pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- Handful almonds, roughly chopped
- Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat frying pan over high heat. Add diced onion and sauté for 2 mins.
- Add garlic and sliced mushrooms and sauté for 2 mins.
- Add plant milk, stock, Dijon mustard and nutmeg. Stir while bringing to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add cashew cheese and stir into the sauce.
- Add cooked spaghetti, parsley and spinach and fold through sauce.
- Serve in 4 individual bowls topped with freshly ground salt and pepper, nutritional yeast and chopped almonds.
Smoked Tofu, Avocado & Asparagus Vegan Benedict Recipe
Memorable meals can easily be reproduced with vegan ingredients, and this tofu vegan benedict will absolutely wow you in the...
Chocolate Nice Cream with Strawberries Recipe
Decadent and sweet with natural sugars, this choc nice cream is the perfect sweet treat or pancake topper — and...
Original Coconut Amino Sauce — Niulife
The original not-soy sauce that’s famous for flavour. This soy-free seasoning sauce is all-natural, non-GMO and gluten free. Made from...
Certified Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil — Niulife
Hand-made by small coastal villages in the pristine Solomon Islands, our single-origin wild-harvested Extra Virgin Coconut Oil provides a new...