Spiced Carrot Dip Recipe
Mad for carrots? Me too. They are a regular player in my snack bag on the run and, when I have the chance to enjoy them with friends, I always whip together this divine Spiced Carrot Dip.
- 500g carrots, cut into 1cm thick pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ cup coriander, leaves & stalks, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Sesame seeds or dukkha, to serve
- Fresh vegetables or crackers, to serve
- Heat oven to 200°C and line baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Arrange carrots on tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and bake for 20 mins. Allow to cool.
- Combine cooked carrots, remaining olive oil, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and good pinch of sea salt and black pepper in food processor or blender and blitz.
- Serve with sprinkle of sesame seeds or dukkha, fresh vegetables and crackers.
3 plant-based desserts for a guilt-free after dinner treat
Sweet treats don't have to mean processed junk. These recipes are deliciously indulgent while providing a hit of fibre, protein...
4 vegan desserts even non-vegans will love
Following a plant-based diet shouldn't mean missing out on any of the fun. Try these 4 vegan desserts developed by...
Vegan Rainbow Goulash
Traditionally, Hungarian goulash is made with meat as the base. This is a delicious vegan version that incorporates chickpeas and...
Black Pepper Garlic Tempeh
I love this little dish because it really packs a flavour punch! Not to mention the protein, iron and magnesium...