Spiced Carrot Dip Recipe
Mad for carrots? Me too. They are a regular player in my snack bag on the run and, when I have the chance to enjoy them with friends, I always whip together this divine Spiced Carrot Dip.
- 500g carrots, cut into 1cm thick pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ cup coriander, leaves & stalks, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Sesame seeds or dukkha, to serve
- Fresh vegetables or crackers, to serve
- Heat oven to 200°C and line baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Arrange carrots on tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and bake for 20 mins. Allow to cool.
- Combine cooked carrots, remaining olive oil, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and good pinch of sea salt and black pepper in food processor or blender and blitz.
- Serve with sprinkle of sesame seeds or dukkha, fresh vegetables and crackers.
Crispy Vegetable Pilaf with Chickpeas and Preserved Lemon Recipe
This is even quicker if you have the rice left over from a previous night and ready to go. Simple...
Pea, Mint and Ginger Risotto Recipe
The combination of peas, mint, ginger and lemon is so delicious. When I make this dish, I always have a...
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
My mum’s spaghetti bolognese was the best! I could have eaten it every night as a kid; it was my...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...