Spiced Cauliflower, Hazelnuts and Feta Recipe
I love using every part of the cauliflower. Each bit is equally delicious and it’s such a versatile vegetable. This Spiced Cauliflower, Hazelnuts and Feta Recipe is fabulous to make ahead when you are entertaining or eat straight out of the oven for a mid-week meal.
Serves: 4 as a side
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup raw hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 200g cow or goat feta
- Zest 1 lemon + ½ juice
- Handful parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Take cauliflower head and strip off leaves, slicing them into 1cm pieces and set aside in large mixing bowl.
- Cut outermost florets off (so you have very small florets) and add to mixing bowl with leaves.
- With remaining part of cauliflower (stem), chop roughly and pulse in food processor to rice-like consistency.
- Add to other ingredients with spices, seasoning, nuts and oil. Toss well to combine and place on large baking tray.
- Bake for 20 mins or until cauliflower is just starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and crumble over feta, sprinkle over lemon zest and drizzle over juice. Scatter over parsley and enjoy warm or at room temperature.
Did you know that Mauritian food is derived from so many other cultures including France, Africa, India and China? There...
Mauritian Tamarind & Apple Chutney
Tamarind is a tropical tree that produces pods with juicy sweet-sour tasting fruit. Tamarind contains beneficial polyphenols that have an...
Mauritian Fish Rougaille
Try this delicious Mauritian-inspired fish dish at home. It's incredibly easy to whip together, and abundant in flavour with the...
Mushroom, Tomato, Avocado & Greens on Sourdough Toast
You can still enjoy a big Sunday brekkie on a whole-food plant-based diet. It’s delicious, nutritious and will make you...