Spiced Cauliflower, Hazelnuts and Feta Recipe
I love using every part of the cauliflower. Each bit is equally delicious and it’s such a versatile vegetable. This Spiced Cauliflower, Hazelnuts and Feta Recipe is fabulous to make ahead when you are entertaining or eat straight out of the oven for a mid-week meal.
Serves: 4 as a side
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup raw hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 200g cow or goat feta
- Zest 1 lemon + ½ juice
- Handful parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Take cauliflower head and strip off leaves, slicing them into 1cm pieces and set aside in large mixing bowl.
- Cut outermost florets off (so you have very small florets) and add to mixing bowl with leaves.
- With remaining part of cauliflower (stem), chop roughly and pulse in food processor to rice-like consistency.
- Add to other ingredients with spices, seasoning, nuts and oil. Toss well to combine and place on large baking tray.
- Bake for 20 mins or until cauliflower is just starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and crumble over feta, sprinkle over lemon zest and drizzle over juice. Scatter over parsley and enjoy warm or at room temperature.
Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet Stalks and Whole Pumpkin Recipe
A wonderful way to use up vegetables and avoid food waste is by making this Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet...
Roasted Fennel Tart Recipe
In this Roasted Fennel Tart, the fennel has a lovely aniseed flavour and the fennel greens are rich in potassium,...
Roasted Sweet Potato Chips with Beans and Feta Recipe
Sometimes you just need something simple and easy to make but delicious to end the day with. Try this Roasted...