Spiced Cauliflower, Hazelnuts and Feta Recipe
I love using every part of the cauliflower. Each bit is equally delicious and it’s such a versatile vegetable. This Spiced Cauliflower, Hazelnuts and Feta Recipe is fabulous to make ahead when you are entertaining or eat straight out of the oven for a mid-week meal.
Serves: 4 as a side
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup raw hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 200g cow or goat feta
- Zest 1 lemon + ½ juice
- Handful parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Take cauliflower head and strip off leaves, slicing them into 1cm pieces and set aside in large mixing bowl.
- Cut outermost florets off (so you have very small florets) and add to mixing bowl with leaves.
- With remaining part of cauliflower (stem), chop roughly and pulse in food processor to rice-like consistency.
- Add to other ingredients with spices, seasoning, nuts and oil. Toss well to combine and place on large baking tray.
- Bake for 20 mins or until cauliflower is just starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and crumble over feta, sprinkle over lemon zest and drizzle over juice. Scatter over parsley and enjoy warm or at room temperature.
Parmesan-Roasted Okra with Corn Recipe
Okra has been used traditionally as a food and medicine for hundreds of years in South America, Africa and the...
Okra, Haloumi & Bulgur Salad Recipe
The combination of pan-fried okra, haloumi, pomegranate and fresh herbs makes this salad a simple weekday dish. Okra often has...
Okra with Kefir Lime, Coconut Rice and Sambal Recipe
I absolutely love the combination of the okra with this incredible rice! This is a very simple method of cooking...
Vegetable Tagine Recipe
This recipe is one of my all-time favourites for using up leftover vegetables. It can be made in a tagine...