Spicy Beef Lettuce Cups Recipe
These lettuce cups are my take on the san choy bau and combine lean beef mince with fresh herbs and ginger. Just top with your favourite fresh herbs (I used mint and coriander) and extra chilli for some added spice. They are perfect for an appetiser or an iron-rich snack to get you through the day.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Juice 1 lime
- 8 baby cos lettuce leaves
- 2 red chillies, finely sliced
- Fresh mint, chopped
- Coriander leaves, chopped
- Roasted unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat olive oil in large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant. Increase heat and add beef mince and cook until browned.
- Add brown sugar, fish sauce and lime juice and cook until liquid is absorbed. Divide mince mixture and place on lettuce leaves.
- Top with red chillies, mint, coriander, peanuts and extra lime.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Berry and apple jellies
Fun to make and delicious to eat - these berry and apple jellies sure are a treat
No refined sugars and loads of fruit make this vegan tropical iceblock recipe a real winner
Cherry and almond sorbet
This simple cherry and almond sorbet recipe doesn’t require an ice-cream machine, and it's vegan-friendly too. What are you waiting...