Spicy Beef Lettuce Cups Recipe
These lettuce cups are my take on the san choy bau and combine lean beef mince with fresh herbs and ginger. Just top with your favourite fresh herbs (I used mint and coriander) and extra chilli for some added spice. They are perfect for an appetiser or an iron-rich snack to get you through the day.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Juice 1 lime
- 8 baby cos lettuce leaves
- 2 red chillies, finely sliced
- Fresh mint, chopped
- Coriander leaves, chopped
- Roasted unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat olive oil in large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant. Increase heat and add beef mince and cook until browned.
- Add brown sugar, fish sauce and lime juice and cook until liquid is absorbed. Divide mince mixture and place on lettuce leaves.
- Top with red chillies, mint, coriander, peanuts and extra lime.
Lemon and Cranberry Green Beans
This healthy dish is full of festive colours. The bright green beans and cranberries will add lovely Christmas tones to...
Egg and Wild Mushroom Tart
This tart is lovely topped with fresh basil leaves and is a great addition to the Christmas buffet table. It...
Roasted Fig, Walnut and Goat’s Cheese Salad
Goat’s cheese, fig and beetroot were made for one another.
Greek Lamb Skewers in Pita Recipe
Get your iron boost for the week with these Greek marinated lamb skewers served with fresh herbs and plenty of...