Spinach Pie RecipeCredit: Meg Thompson
A pie is a great way to get some extra greens into the whole family. This dish is easy to make and will give your kids satisfaction seeing the finished product come out of the oven.
- 3 spring onions
- 2 large garlic cloves
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 200g frozen spinach
- 100g fresh silverbeet (or equivalent leafy green)
- ½ cup peas
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 75g goat’s cheese, ricotta or feta
- 3 large or 4 small eggs
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 sheets good-quality puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place spring onions, garlic, nutmeg and coconut oil in large saucepan and sauté until soft.
- Add spinach, silverbeet and peas and cook until wilted.
- Add Parmesan, goat’s cheese, eggs, sea salt and black pepper, and stir to combine.
- Place one sheet of pastry in lined oven-safe dish to create bottom layer.
- Spoon filling into dish.
- Cut second piece of pastry to fit and lay on top of mixture, roughly pinching and folding edges together.
- Use any leftover pastry to create a little design on top, if you like.
- Bake for 45 mins, or until the pastry is golden.
Discover organic at our Welbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Simple Vegetable Curry Recipe
You can whip up this recipe for a quick meal that’s guaranteed to please your family. It’s very versatile, so...
Green Smoothie Pancakes Recipe
This delicious dish has all the nutrients of a green smoothie in the irresistible, alluring shape of a pancake!
Baked Apple Pancakes Recipe
This delicious dessert can be whipped together on a Sunday afternoon and enjoyed for dessert, still leaving you with portions...
Muesli Yoghurt Cups Recipe
This gorgeous dessert or snack is a crowd-pleaser! Yoghurt is a great source of protein, calcium and vitamin D necessary...