Spinach Pie RecipeCredit: Meg Thompson
A pie is a great way to get some extra greens into the whole family. This dish is easy to make and will give your kids satisfaction seeing the finished product come out of the oven.
- 3 spring onions
- 2 large garlic cloves
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 200g frozen spinach
- 100g fresh silverbeet (or equivalent leafy green)
- ½ cup peas
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 75g goat’s cheese, ricotta or feta
- 3 large or 4 small eggs
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 sheets good-quality puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place spring onions, garlic, nutmeg and coconut oil in large saucepan and sauté until soft.
- Add spinach, silverbeet and peas and cook until wilted.
- Add Parmesan, goat’s cheese, eggs, sea salt and black pepper, and stir to combine.
- Place one sheet of pastry in lined oven-safe dish to create bottom layer.
- Spoon filling into dish.
- Cut second piece of pastry to fit and lay on top of mixture, roughly pinching and folding edges together.
- Use any leftover pastry to create a little design on top, if you like.
- Bake for 45 mins, or until the pastry is golden.
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Steamed Coconut and Fig Egg Custard Recipe
When making this custard, be sure to choose organic free-range eggs. Not only will you notice that organic free-range eggs...
Eggs and Green Pikelets Recipe
Before you wrinkle your nose and squint your eyes at the word “green” in front of “pikelets”, just trust us...
Chocolate and Coconut Raspberry Cakes Recipe
Did you know that adding coconut flour to your diet can help reduce your risk of heart disease, lower cholesterol...
Curried Egg and Walnut Salad Recipe
This filling Curried Egg and Walnut Salad recipe is the perfect light lunch solution.