Spinach Pie Recipe
A pie is a great way to get some extra greens into the whole family. This dish is easy to make and will give your kids satisfaction seeing the finished product come out of the oven.
- 3 spring onions
- 2 large garlic cloves
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 200g frozen spinach
- 100g fresh silverbeet (or equivalent leafy green)
- ½ cup peas
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 75g goat’s cheese, ricotta or feta
- 3 large or 4 small eggs
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 sheets good-quality puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place spring onions, garlic, nutmeg and coconut oil in large saucepan and sauté until soft.
- Add spinach, silverbeet and peas and cook until wilted.
- Add Parmesan, goat’s cheese, eggs, sea salt and black pepper, and stir to combine.
- Place one sheet of pastry in lined oven-safe dish to create bottom layer.
- Spoon filling into dish.
- Cut second piece of pastry to fit and lay on top of mixture, roughly pinching and folding edges together.
- Use any leftover pastry to create a little design on top, if you like.
- Bake for 45 mins, or until the pastry is golden.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Silverbeet, Basil and Feta Rolls Recipe
These rolls are a quick and easy lunch or dinner and perfect for fussy eaters! Why not try them out...
Vegetarian Samosas Recipe
Adding curry powder to dishes is a wonderful way to promote better health. Try these delicious vegetarian samosas tonight with...
Blackberry and Blueberry Tart Recipe
Berries are a skin-loving food that helps to prevent premature ageing. Take this gorgeous berry tart to your next picnic!
Rocket and Macadamia Pesto Recipe
Macadamia nuts help make this pesto extra creamy. They are a rich source of healthy mono-unsaturated fats, which are good...