Spinach Pie Recipe
A pie is a great way to get some extra greens into the whole family. This dish is easy to make and will give your kids satisfaction seeing the finished product come out of the oven.
- 3 spring onions
- 2 large garlic cloves
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 200g frozen spinach
- 100g fresh silverbeet (or equivalent leafy green)
- ½ cup peas
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 75g goat’s cheese, ricotta or feta
- 3 large or 4 small eggs
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 sheets good-quality puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place spring onions, garlic, nutmeg and coconut oil in large saucepan and sauté until soft.
- Add spinach, silverbeet and peas and cook until wilted.
- Add Parmesan, goat’s cheese, eggs, sea salt and black pepper, and stir to combine.
- Place one sheet of pastry in lined oven-safe dish to create bottom layer.
- Spoon filling into dish.
- Cut second piece of pastry to fit and lay on top of mixture, roughly pinching and folding edges together.
- Use any leftover pastry to create a little design on top, if you like.
- Bake for 45 mins, or until the pastry is golden.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Mexican Tortilla Cups Recipe
These tortilla cups are easy to make and pack a nutritional punch with protein from the eggs and lots of...
Rosemary Flaxseed Crackers Recipe
These gluten-free crackers make an ideal snack with dips and cheeses. Need a picnic idea?
Indian Spiced Cauliflower Recipe
This delicious and healthy dish is especially lovely served with basmati rice cooked in coconut milk.
Asparagus Pita Pizza Recipe
This simple vegetarian pizza dinner is perfect for Meat-Free Monday’s (a campaign that encourages us to try one meat-free day...