Steamed Vegetables with Peanut Sauce Recipe
Simple food is always the best. It’s quick to prepare and perfect for you, so close to how nature intended us to eat it.
- Peanut Sauce
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 chilli, finely sliced
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- ½ lime, halved
- 1 carrot, cut into matchstick lengths
- ¼ cabbage, shredded
- ¼ red capsicum, finely chopped
- ¼ green capsicum, finely chopped
- Handful sugar snaps, stringed
- Handful baby spinach
- Cooked brown rice, to serve
- To make sauce, add onion, garlic and chilli to saucepan. Add ¼ cup water and sauté for 2 mins. Add crushed roasted peanuts, coconut cream, sugar and tamari. Mix well and cook for 5 mins over medium heat. Finish peanut sauce with squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Meanwhile, pour 1 cup water into wok and bring to boil. Place vegetables (except spinach) in wok and allow to steam.
- Using tongs, add steamed vegetables to peanut sauce. Add spinach leaves and mix well. Place on platter and serve with brown rice.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Beetroot, Potato and Lentil Soup Recipe
This Healthy Vegan and Gluten-Free Beetroot, Potato and Lentil Soup Recipe is very similar to a borscht soup, but with...
Salad of Zucchini, Sugar Snap Peas and Brown Lentils with Balsamic and Dijon Vinaigrette Recipe
This Salad of Zucchini, Peas and Lentils with Dijon Vinaigrette uses the beautiful ingredient red cabbage, a staple in the...
Vegan Beetroot Borscht with Chickpeas and Vegetables Recipe
This traditional beetroot soup incorporates a variety of other vegetables for extra nutrition. It can be eaten cold in the...
Pan-Fried Pineapple Recipe
In this Pan-Fried Pineapple recipe, you'll enjoy a simply luscious blend of caramelised sweetness and coconut yoghurt.