Steamed Vegetables with Peanut Sauce Recipe
Simple food is always the best. It’s quick to prepare and perfect for you, so close to how nature intended us to eat it.
- Peanut Sauce
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 chilli, finely sliced
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- ½ lime, halved
- 1 carrot, cut into matchstick lengths
- ¼ cabbage, shredded
- ¼ red capsicum, finely chopped
- ¼ green capsicum, finely chopped
- Handful sugar snaps, stringed
- Handful baby spinach
- Cooked brown rice, to serve
- To make sauce, add onion, garlic and chilli to saucepan. Add ¼ cup water and sauté for 2 mins. Add crushed roasted peanuts, coconut cream, sugar and tamari. Mix well and cook for 5 mins over medium heat. Finish peanut sauce with squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Meanwhile, pour 1 cup water into wok and bring to boil. Place vegetables (except spinach) in wok and allow to steam.
- Using tongs, add steamed vegetables to peanut sauce. Add spinach leaves and mix well. Place on platter and serve with brown rice.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Grilled Pawpaw Salad Recipe
Pawpaw contains papain, an enzyme that works to digest protein. Your gut will love this salad!
Hummus, Tabouli and Mixed Beans with Lebanese Bread Recipe
The four elements of this dish come together to create harmony with every bite. Enjoy it at your next picnic.