Steamed Vegetables with Peanut Sauce RecipeCredit: Adam Guthrie
Simple food is always the best. It’s quick to prepare and perfect for you, so close to how nature intended us to eat it.
- Peanut Sauce
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 chilli, finely sliced
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- ½ lime, halved
- 1 carrot, cut into matchstick lengths
- ¼ cabbage, shredded
- ¼ red capsicum, finely chopped
- ¼ green capsicum, finely chopped
- Handful sugar snaps, stringed
- Handful baby spinach
- Cooked brown rice, to serve
- To make sauce, add onion, garlic and chilli to saucepan. Add ¼ cup water and sauté for 2 mins. Add crushed roasted peanuts, coconut cream, sugar and tamari. Mix well and cook for 5 mins over medium heat. Finish peanut sauce with squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Meanwhile, pour 1 cup water into wok and bring to boil. Place vegetables (except spinach) in wok and allow to steam.
- Using tongs, add steamed vegetables to peanut sauce. Add spinach leaves and mix well. Place on platter and serve with brown rice.
Discover organic at our Welbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Roast Broccoli Salad Recipe
Did you know that the aromatic compound of cumin stimulates the production of saliva, while another compound in cumin stimulates...
Orange and Star Anise Sago Pudding Recipe
You’ll find you won’t need much sweetener with this dessert as both the sago and coconut milk have a sweet...
Mushroom, Tempeh and Black Bean Stir-Fry Recipe
If you enjoy tempeh and Asian cuisine, you’ll love this dish. The black bean sauce gives the ingredients a lovely...