Sugar-Free Vegan Mixed Berry Tart
With just chia seeds, nuts, banana, berries, dates and a little wholemeal flour, this sugar-free dessert can be enjoyed knowing you are caring for your body, but still enjoying the sweetness, colour and flavour of a decadent dessert.
- 1¼ cup self-raising wholemeal flour
- 1 cold banana, peeled & mashed
- 4 fresh Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Vanilla Chia Cream
- 2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk (almond or soy)
- ½ cup white chia seeds
- 2 tsp vanilla paste or essence
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Mixed Berries
- 2 cups fresh mixed raspberries, blueberries & blackberries
- For pastry, combine flour and cold mashed banana, dates and cinnamon in food processor or blender. Blend until consistency of play dough. Place pastry onto clean bench and knead in 1–3 tsp of warm water.
- Roll pastry out on kitchen bench using glass jar or rolling pin (with a little flour to prevent it sticking) until very thin and wider than tart tin. Place pastry over loose-base tart tin, pushing pastry firmly into tin, and cut off excess with knife. Prick base of pastry with fork. Place large piece of greaseproof paper over pastry overhanging sides and add 2–3 cups rice to weigh down pastry while blind-baking to ensure pastry base stays flat and is cooked at base before adding filling.
- For vanilla chia cream, pour plant milk into mixing bowl. Add chia seeds and whisk. Place in fridge for ½ hr. When chia has thickened, place mix into blender and blend until creamy and thickened.
- After tart base has been baked, allow to cool and then carefully remove from tin.
- Place thickened chia cream into cooled tart crust and spread evenly.
- Add mixed berries to top and refrigerate until serving.
Smoked Tofu, Avocado & Asparagus Vegan Benedict Recipe
Memorable meals can easily be reproduced with vegan ingredients, and this tofu vegan benedict will absolutely wow you in the...
Chocolate Nice Cream with Strawberries Recipe
Decadent and sweet with natural sugars, this choc nice cream is the perfect sweet treat or pancake topper — and...
Original Coconut Amino Sauce — Niulife
The original not-soy sauce that’s famous for flavour. This soy-free seasoning sauce is all-natural, non-GMO and gluten free. Made from...
Certified Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil — Niulife
Hand-made by small coastal villages in the pristine Solomon Islands, our single-origin wild-harvested Extra Virgin Coconut Oil provides a new...