Tahini Lentil Burger Recipe
These burger patties are soft inside and crispy on the outside. Make yourself a double batch and freeze some so you can quickly make an awesome plant-based burger whenever you get the craving.
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 2 cups spinach, shredded
- 2 × 420g tin brown lentils, drained
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 wholemeal buns, toasted
- Salad ingredients such as lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, pickles
- Relish or caramelised onions
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat frying pan over high heat and dry-sauté onion, celery, carrot and spinach until soft.
- Meanwhile, add brown lentils, tahini and cumin powder to high-speed blender and blend to paste consistency. Place in bowl with sautéed vegetables. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Form into 4 large burger patties. Place on baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake for 30 mins or until brown and crisp on outside.
- Now, assemble each burger with wholemeal bun, favourite salad ingredients and sauce.
Bubble and Squeak Recipe
For me, English food is comfort food, especially bubble and squeak. This dish takes me back to my childhood —...
13 antioxidant foods and how to enjoy them
Antioxidants defend against cell-damaging free radicals, which increase your risk of disease and premature ageing. Including a variety of antioxidant-rich...
Which dairy is the better choice: full or reduced fat?
It’s easy to get hung up on fat content when it comes to dairy products, especially if you’re watching your...
Oven-Baked Pumpkin and Corn Brown Rice Risotto Recipe
This hearty risotto is a great source of dietary fibre. Brown rice contains around seven times more fibre than white...