Tahini Lentil Burger Recipe
These burger patties are soft inside and crispy on the outside. Make yourself a double batch and freeze some so you can quickly make an awesome plant-based burger whenever you get the craving.
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 2 cups spinach, shredded
- 2 × 420g tin brown lentils, drained
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 wholemeal buns, toasted
- Salad ingredients such as lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, pickles
- Relish or caramelised onions
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat frying pan over high heat and dry-sauté onion, celery, carrot and spinach until soft.
- Meanwhile, add brown lentils, tahini and cumin powder to high-speed blender and blend to paste consistency. Place in bowl with sautéed vegetables. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Form into 4 large burger patties. Place on baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake for 30 mins or until brown and crisp on outside.
- Now, assemble each burger with wholemeal bun, favourite salad ingredients and sauce.
We take a look at Cardamom, "the queen of spices" and its health benefits
Known as the “queen of spices”, the active ingredients in cardamom exhibit a variety of metabolic activities including reducing spasms...
A Q&A with the team from Herbal Fix
We speak to the team from Herbal Fix who create "drinks with benefits". Established in 2017, Herbal Fix is Australia’s...
A Q&A with Phil Hugenholtz, the co-founder of Microba
We speak with Phil Hugenholtz, the co-founder of Microba. Offering in-depth gut microbiome testing and analysis, Microba can help to...
A Q&A with Kim Bulder, resident naturopath at Manuka Health
We speak to Kim Bulder, the resident naturopath at Manuka Health. Founded in 2006 and driven by the desire to...