Quinoa Capsicum Pilaf with Lemon Garlic Yoghurt Recipe
Team this delicious pilaf with your favourite protein or another side of nourishing vegies for the easiest, most flavoursome meal, that’s ready in no time at all.
Serves: 4 as a side
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded & diced
- ¼ bunch coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup (150g) quinoa, rinsed
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp finely sliced mint leaves
- 3 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
Lemon Garlic Yoghurt
- 200g Greek yoghurt
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Sea salt & black pepper
- To make pilaf, heat saucepan on medium heat, add oil, onion, capsicum and coriander, stir then cover and cook for 8 mins.
- Add quinoa, cinnamon and stock, bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 12-15 mins or until quinoa is cooked through. It will be quite loose when it finishes cooking.
- While cooking, whisk together ingredients for Lemon Garlic Yoghurt and set aside.
- Once quinoa pilaf is cooked, stir through mint and pine nuts.
- Serve with your choice of protein and spoonful of lemon garlic yoghurt.
Chickpea Vegetable Tagine Recipe
Science confirms that diets containing a diverse range of vegetables produce healthier gut bacteria. So while eating vegetables is important,...
Split Pea, Smoked Tofu and Barley Soup Recipe
When I was a kid, my mum made the best pea and ham soup. Now that I’m vegan I’ve created...
Vegie Balls & Wholemeal Penne in Tomato Sauce with Pesto Recipe
This is my plant-based version of the classic Italian pasta and meatballs. You can make super-good balls from vegies and...
Slow-Cooked Lamb and Pomegranate Salad Recipe
Lamb is a good sources of vitamin B12 which plays a vital role in healthy nervous system and brain function....