Quinoa Capsicum Pilaf with Lemon Garlic Yoghurt Recipe
Team this delicious pilaf with your favourite protein or another side of nourishing vegies for the easiest, most flavoursome meal, that’s ready in no time at all.
Serves: 4 as a side
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded & diced
- ¼ bunch coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup (150g) quinoa, rinsed
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp finely sliced mint leaves
- 3 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
Lemon Garlic Yoghurt
- 200g Greek yoghurt
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Sea salt & black pepper
- To make pilaf, heat saucepan on medium heat, add oil, onion, capsicum and coriander, stir then cover and cook for 8 mins.
- Add quinoa, cinnamon and stock, bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 12-15 mins or until quinoa is cooked through. It will be quite loose when it finishes cooking.
- While cooking, whisk together ingredients for Lemon Garlic Yoghurt and set aside.
- Once quinoa pilaf is cooked, stir through mint and pine nuts.
- Serve with your choice of protein and spoonful of lemon garlic yoghurt.
Smoked Salmon with Zucchini Pasta Recipe
This gluten-free zucchini pasta recipe is perfect for summer days when you're craving pasta without that heavy carb feeling.
Organic Chickpea Fusilli — Explore Cuisine
With an appetizing Mediterranean and Middle Eastern flair, Explore Cuisine’s Chickpea Fusilli is a healthy choice that will please the...
Organic Black Rice Fusilli — Explore Cuisine
The blended organic red, brown and black rice make this pasta truly exceptional and “one-of-a-kind”. The rice is cultivated in...
Organic Thai Red Rice Rigatoni — Explore Cuisine
Explore Cuisine’s Thai Red Rice Rigatoni is a healthy choice that will please the family and simplify your life. Cooks...