Quinoa Capsicum Pilaf with Lemon Garlic Yoghurt Recipe
Team this delicious pilaf with your favourite protein or another side of nourishing vegies for the easiest, most flavoursome meal, that’s ready in no time at all.
Serves: 4 as a side
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded & diced
- ¼ bunch coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup (150g) quinoa, rinsed
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp finely sliced mint leaves
- 3 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
Lemon Garlic Yoghurt
- 200g Greek yoghurt
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Sea salt & black pepper
- To make pilaf, heat saucepan on medium heat, add oil, onion, capsicum and coriander, stir then cover and cook for 8 mins.
- Add quinoa, cinnamon and stock, bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 12-15 mins or until quinoa is cooked through. It will be quite loose when it finishes cooking.
- While cooking, whisk together ingredients for Lemon Garlic Yoghurt and set aside.
- Once quinoa pilaf is cooked, stir through mint and pine nuts.
- Serve with your choice of protein and spoonful of lemon garlic yoghurt.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Berry and apple jellies
Fun to make and delicious to eat - these berry and apple jellies sure are a treat
No refined sugars and loads of fruit make this vegan tropical iceblock recipe a real winner
Cherry and almond sorbet
This simple cherry and almond sorbet recipe doesn’t require an ice-cream machine, and it's vegan-friendly too. What are you waiting...