Thyme and Fennel Sausages with Apple Sauerkraut and Cauliflower Mash Recipe
Sauerkraut is a fermented food made from cabbage that’s a staple in the German diet. Unpasteurised sauerkraut contains probiotics, which have been found to help support the health of the digestive tract and immune system and lower inflammation in the gut. Sauerkraut is rich in vitamin K, which is vital for blood clotting and strong, healthy bones. We need vitamin K to keep calcium in our bones and away from our arteries. Cabbage is also a fabulous source of sulphur compounds that help promote liver detoxification of carcinogenic substances. The fermentation process increases the bioavailability of these nutrients.
- 1 medium cauliflower, roughly chopped
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 heaped tsp fennel seeds
- 2 unpeeled organic apples, diced
- 3 tbsp apple-cider vinegar
- 1 cup unpasteurised sauerkraut
- 4 grass-fed organic sausages (lamb or beef)
- Fresh thyme
- Steam cauliflower until soft. Place in food processor with some sea salt and blend to smooth mash consistency.
- In frying pan, toast fennel seeds, then set aside.
- In frying pan cook apple pieces in apple-cider vinegar, until apple starts to soften. Set apple aside to cool. Toss apple through sauerkraut.
- Cook sausages to your liking.
- Plate up with cauliflower mash, top with a sausage and sauerkraut, and sprinkle with toasted fennel and thyme.
Herb and Goat’s Cheese Omelette Recipe
This omelette is high in protein, can be packed with vegies and is quick to prepare. Try this Herb and...
Roasted Sweet Potato Chips with Beans and Feta Recipe
Sometimes you just need something simple and easy to make but delicious to end the day with. Try this Roasted...
Lamb Korma with Spiced Cauliflower Rice Recipe
One of our favourite ways to eat lamb is in a slow-cooked curry. Despite the long list of ingredients, this...
Raw Coffee Slice Recipe
This nourishing slice is a guilt-free piece of heaven and a must to share with a coffee-loving significant other. Enjoy!...