Thyme and Fennel Sausages with Apple Sauerkraut and Cauliflower Mash Recipe
Sauerkraut is a fermented food made from cabbage that’s a staple in the German diet. Unpasteurised sauerkraut contains probiotics, which have been found to help support the health of the digestive tract and immune system and lower inflammation in the gut. Sauerkraut is rich in vitamin K, which is vital for blood clotting and strong, healthy bones. We need vitamin K to keep calcium in our bones and away from our arteries. Cabbage is also a fabulous source of sulphur compounds that help promote liver detoxification of carcinogenic substances. The fermentation process increases the bioavailability of these nutrients.
- 1 medium cauliflower, roughly chopped
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 heaped tsp fennel seeds
- 2 unpeeled organic apples, diced
- 3 tbsp apple-cider vinegar
- 1 cup unpasteurised sauerkraut
- 4 grass-fed organic sausages (lamb or beef)
- Fresh thyme
- Steam cauliflower until soft. Place in food processor with some sea salt and blend to smooth mash consistency.
- In frying pan, toast fennel seeds, then set aside.
- In frying pan cook apple pieces in apple-cider vinegar, until apple starts to soften. Set apple aside to cool. Toss apple through sauerkraut.
- Cook sausages to your liking.
- Plate up with cauliflower mash, top with a sausage and sauerkraut, and sprinkle with toasted fennel and thyme.
Japanese Poke Bowl Recipe
Like a party on a plate, this Japanese Poke bowl is so much fun to eat! Try our Japanese Poke...
Spiced Carrot Dip Recipe
Mad for carrots? We are too! They are a regular player in our snack bag on the run. Try our...
Zucchini, Mint and Haloumi Fritters Recipe
These easy-to-make fritters are delicious and nourishing finger food for a picnic. Try our Zucchini, Mint and Haloumi Fritters today
Tofu and Kale Braised in Coconut and Chilli Recipe
Enjoy this kale dish seasoned and dressed in cooling coconut milk and spiced up with a little bit of chilli!