Thyme and Fennel Sausages with Apple Sauerkraut and Cauliflower Mash Recipe
Sauerkraut is a fermented food made from cabbage that’s a staple in the German diet. Unpasteurised sauerkraut contains probiotics, which have been found to help support the health of the digestive tract and immune system and lower inflammation in the gut. Sauerkraut is rich in vitamin K, which is vital for blood clotting and strong, healthy bones. We need vitamin K to keep calcium in our bones and away from our arteries. Cabbage is also a fabulous source of sulphur compounds that help promote liver detoxification of carcinogenic substances. The fermentation process increases the bioavailability of these nutrients.
- 1 medium cauliflower, roughly chopped
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 heaped tsp fennel seeds
- 2 unpeeled organic apples, diced
- 3 tbsp apple-cider vinegar
- 1 cup unpasteurised sauerkraut
- 4 grass-fed organic sausages (lamb or beef)
- Fresh thyme
- Steam cauliflower until soft. Place in food processor with some sea salt and blend to smooth mash consistency.
- In frying pan, toast fennel seeds, then set aside.
- In frying pan cook apple pieces in apple-cider vinegar, until apple starts to soften. Set apple aside to cool. Toss apple through sauerkraut.
- Cook sausages to your liking.
- Plate up with cauliflower mash, top with a sausage and sauerkraut, and sprinkle with toasted fennel and thyme.
Lemony Herb Crackers Recipe
If you think you can’t have the perfect cracker in less than 15 mins, then think again. These simple and...
Oat and Coconut Thumb Print Biscuits Recipe
A great snack that’s nourishing and delicious, these biscuits are packed with oats and almonds, which deliver sustained energy and...
Jam-Packed Ricepaper Rolls Recipe
Packing these ricepaper rolls with wholesome ingredients you can create delicious parcels that will make your insides and outsides happy....
Sponsor Recipes: The Culture Co. share 3 healthy recipes
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make The Culture Co. products like a healthy Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl...