Toasted Greens, Pomegranate and Cauliflower Rice Salad Recipe
This Middle Eastern-inspired salad is a healthy take on the classic tabouleh. It’s a perfect complement to the leg of lamb recipe above or a filling vegetarian option. Not only is this recipe super healthy, it looks like Christmas in a bowl and tastes like a flavour party in your mouth. Loaded with green vegies such as asparagus, green beans and spinach, this salad is full of vitamins and minerals while being low in calories. The greens are high in fibre and provide a good source of protein for the non-meat eaters.
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh herbs such as parsley, coriander & mint
- 1 tomato, deseeded & diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- Seeds 1 pomegranate
- ½ large cauliflower head, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic clove, crushed
- 200g green beans, halved
- 100g asparagus, halved
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp goat cheese, chopped
- Salt & pepper, to season
- In large bowl, mix spinach, herbs, tomato, onion and pomegranate.
- Place cauliflower in food processor and blitz to rice-like consistency. Briefly steam over boiling water for a couple mins just to soften and warm cauliflower rice
- Heat frying pan over medium–high heat. Add butter and garlic, stirring continuously. Once browned, add green beans and asparagus, toasting them for about 3–5 mins. Squeeze half of lemon juice over the vegies while cooking. You want them to be cooked but still crunchy and green.
- Stir cauliflower rice into salad, adding remaining lemon juice and tossing together.
- Place green beans and asparagus on top of salad and crumble goat cheese over.
- Sprinkle sea salt and black pepper generously over dish and serve.
The secret healing power of pineapple
We all know pineapple is deliciously sweet - but did you know about its secret healing power? Read on to...
Why avocados are good for your health
Avocadoes are not only delicious but also a source of healing fats and nutrients.
Do you love avocado? Dr Karen Bridgman shares the health benefits of the fruit
Who doesn't love smashed avocado atop their toast on the weekend? Avocadoes are not only delicious but also a source...
We take a look at Cardamom, "the queen of spices" and its health benefits
Known as the “queen of spices”, the active ingredients in cardamom exhibit a variety of metabolic activities including reducing spasms...