Tofu Tacos with Lime and Avocado Dressing Recipe
Tofu is a great substitute for meat, fish and seafood and can really deliver when used in many traditional recipes. It’s an excellent source of amino acids, iron and calcium and is one of the richest vegetarian sources of protein. Mexi-can be healthy and vegetarian!
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 300g firm tofu
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 heaped tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp fresh chilli, diced
- 1 cup cooked black beans, drained
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large avocados
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice 2 limes
- 4 large leaves cos lettuce
- ½ red cabbage, thinly sliced
- Combine tomato and onion in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well, then set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in large pan over medium heat. Crumble tofu into pan and cook for 2–3 mins or until slightly brown.
- Season tofu with paprika, cumin, fresh chilli, salt and pepper, then add black beans and stir to combine. Cook for another 3–5 mins or until golden brown, then remove from heat.
- In blender, add all dressing ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Divide tofu and bean mix onto each lettuce cup. Top with tomato and onion salsa and red cabbage, then drizzle with lime-avocado dressing.
Do you want to live to be 100? Read these strategies for reaching the milestone
The strategies for reaching this milestone include adequate sleep, maintaining a healthy microbiome, protein and maintaining healthy brain function.
Corned Beef Silverside Recipe
A classic corned beef, also known as silverside, screams English comfort food for me. On my English side, everyone loves...
How to grow your own salad greens and why you should
The salad you ate for lunch today may have used more fossil fuel than you did driving to work all...
A Q&A with Renae Smith, owner of Bake Mixes
We speak to Renae Smith, owner of Bake Mixes, an Australian brand who create food packs that you can make...