Tofu Tacos with Lime and Avocado Dressing Recipe
Tofu is a great substitute for meat, fish and seafood and can really deliver when used in many traditional recipes. It’s an excellent source of amino acids, iron and calcium and is one of the richest vegetarian sources of protein. Mexi-can be healthy and vegetarian!
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 300g firm tofu
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 heaped tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp fresh chilli, diced
- 1 cup cooked black beans, drained
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large avocados
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice 2 limes
- 4 large leaves cos lettuce
- ½ red cabbage, thinly sliced
- Combine tomato and onion in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well, then set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in large pan over medium heat. Crumble tofu into pan and cook for 2–3 mins or until slightly brown.
- Season tofu with paprika, cumin, fresh chilli, salt and pepper, then add black beans and stir to combine. Cook for another 3–5 mins or until golden brown, then remove from heat.
- In blender, add all dressing ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Divide tofu and bean mix onto each lettuce cup. Top with tomato and onion salsa and red cabbage, then drizzle with lime-avocado dressing.
The secret healing power of pineapple
We all know pineapple is deliciously sweet - but did you know about its secret healing power? Read on to...
Why avocados are good for your health
Avocadoes are not only delicious but also a source of healing fats and nutrients.
Do you love avocado? Dr Karen Bridgman shares the health benefits of the fruit
Who doesn't love smashed avocado atop their toast on the weekend? Avocadoes are not only delicious but also a source...
We take a look at Cardamom, "the queen of spices" and its health benefits
Known as the “queen of spices”, the active ingredients in cardamom exhibit a variety of metabolic activities including reducing spasms...