Tofu Tacos with Lime and Avocado Dressing Recipe
Tofu is a great substitute for meat, fish and seafood and can really deliver when used in many traditional recipes. It’s an excellent source of amino acids, iron and calcium and is one of the richest vegetarian sources of protein. Mexi-can be healthy and vegetarian!
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 300g firm tofu
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 heaped tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp fresh chilli, diced
- 1 cup cooked black beans, drained
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large avocados
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice 2 limes
- 4 large leaves cos lettuce
- ½ red cabbage, thinly sliced
- Combine tomato and onion in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well, then set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in large pan over medium heat. Crumble tofu into pan and cook for 2–3 mins or until slightly brown.
- Season tofu with paprika, cumin, fresh chilli, salt and pepper, then add black beans and stir to combine. Cook for another 3–5 mins or until golden brown, then remove from heat.
- In blender, add all dressing ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Divide tofu and bean mix onto each lettuce cup. Top with tomato and onion salsa and red cabbage, then drizzle with lime-avocado dressing.
Tofu and Kale Braised in Coconut and Chilli Recipe
Enjoy this kale dish seasoned and dressed in cooling coconut milk and spiced up with a little bit of chilli!
Tofu and Broccolini Stir-Fry Recipe
Stir-fry is so fast and full of flavour! Plus, you can add any ingredients you desire on the day. Check...
Moroccan Quinoa and Tofu Recipe
Did you know it’s really important to rinse quinoa several times in a fine-mesh sieve to remove the soapy, bitter...