Urab is a delicious salad dish of steamed vegetables that is traditionally served with “nasi” rice in Indonesian cuisine.
- 2 cups green beans, cut into short lengths
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts
- 4 cups roughly chopped spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 red shallot, finely diced
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Juice 1 lime
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Bring saucepan of water to boil, add green beans and blanch for 2 mins until bright green. Add sprouts and spinach and cook for 1 min. Drain vegetables, rinse under cold water until cooled, and drain again.
- Heat wok or frying pan over high heat. Add 2 tbsp water, sliced garlic, shallot and chilli and cook until water has evaporated and garlic, shallot and chilli are soft.
- Place blanched beans, sprouts and spinach in bowl. Add coconut and garlic mixture squeeze lime juice over. Using hands, mix well and massage ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Note: This recipe will serve four people as a substantial side, or more as part of a meal with lots of side dishes.
Original Coconut Amino Sauce — Niulife
The original not-soy sauce that’s famous for flavour. This soy-free seasoning sauce is all-natural, non-GMO and gluten free. Made from...
Certified Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil — Niulife
Hand-made by small coastal villages in the pristine Solomon Islands, our single-origin wild-harvested Extra Virgin Coconut Oil provides a new...
BBQ Coconut Amino Sauce — Niulife
A deliciously rich and tangy sauce perfect for basting, dipping and pouring. This soy-free seasoning sauce is all-natural, non-GMO and...
Coconut Sweet Chilli Sauce — Niulife
Dark, mysterious and unlike any chilli sauce you’ve tasted. This sweet and spicy, soy-free seasoning sauce is all-natural, non-GMO and...