Vegan Banana Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting Recipe
There is absolutely no reason that you have to miss out on treats if you follow wholefood plant-based recipes such as this delicious cupcake mix.
Makes: 8 cupcakes
- 1 cup fresh medjool dates, pitted & chopped
- ½ cup hot water
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp apple-cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup aqua faba (liquid from a tin of chickpeas)
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2½ cups rolled oats, blended to flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bi-carb soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Date Frosting
- 2 cups Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Place 8 cupcake paper cups in muffin tray.
- Combine chopped dates and hot water in small bowl. Stand for 10 mins to soften dates. Place mashed banana, soaked dates, apple-cider vinegar, maple syrup, aqua faba and vanilla essence in blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Place in large mixing bowl oat flour, baking powder, bi-carb soda and cinnamon. Mix well, then add banana mixture and stir with fork.
- Spoon mixture into prepared cupcake papers. Bake in preheated fan-forced oven until golden brown on top, about 40 mins.
- Place on cooling rack until completely cool.
- To make date frosting, place dates in basin of high-speed blender. Pour boiling water over and let sit for 10–15 mins or until dates are very soft. Blend on high until very smooth. Add salt and vanilla paste and blend until mixed well. Chill frosting until completely cool (about 2 hours) before spreading on cupcakes.
- Use piping bag and jagged mouth attachment to get perfect cupcake frosting twirls.
- Store in fridge before serving.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Beetroot, Potato and Lentil Soup Recipe
This Healthy Vegan and Gluten-Free Beetroot, Potato and Lentil Soup Recipe is very similar to a borscht soup, but with...
Salad of Zucchini, Sugar Snap Peas and Brown Lentils with Balsamic and Dijon Vinaigrette Recipe
This Salad of Zucchini, Peas and Lentils with Dijon Vinaigrette uses the beautiful ingredient red cabbage, a staple in the...
Vegan Beetroot Borscht with Chickpeas and Vegetables Recipe
This traditional beetroot soup incorporates a variety of other vegetables for extra nutrition. It can be eaten cold in the...
Pan-Fried Pineapple Recipe
In this Pan-Fried Pineapple recipe, you'll enjoy a simply luscious blend of caramelised sweetness and coconut yoghurt.