Vegan Banana Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting Recipe
There is absolutely no reason that you have to miss out on treats if you follow wholefood plant-based recipes such as this delicious cupcake mix.
Makes: 8 cupcakes
- 1 cup fresh medjool dates, pitted & chopped
- ½ cup hot water
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp apple-cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup aqua faba (liquid from a tin of chickpeas)
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2½ cups rolled oats, blended to flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bi-carb soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Date Frosting
- 2 cups Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Place 8 cupcake paper cups in muffin tray.
- Combine chopped dates and hot water in small bowl. Stand for 10 mins to soften dates. Place mashed banana, soaked dates, apple-cider vinegar, maple syrup, aqua faba and vanilla essence in blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Place in large mixing bowl oat flour, baking powder, bi-carb soda and cinnamon. Mix well, then add banana mixture and stir with fork.
- Spoon mixture into prepared cupcake papers. Bake in preheated fan-forced oven until golden brown on top, about 40 mins.
- Place on cooling rack until completely cool.
- To make date frosting, place dates in basin of high-speed blender. Pour boiling water over and let sit for 10–15 mins or until dates are very soft. Blend on high until very smooth. Add salt and vanilla paste and blend until mixed well. Chill frosting until completely cool (about 2 hours) before spreading on cupcakes.
- Use piping bag and jagged mouth attachment to get perfect cupcake frosting twirls.
- Store in fridge before serving.
Spiced Carrot Dip Recipe
Mad for carrots? We are too! They are a regular player in our snack bag on the run. Try our...
Egg Salad Cos Cups Recipe
Create a fun dish to have at your next picnic that looks impressive! Try our Egg salad cos cups recipe...
Rainbow Salad in a Jar Recipe
Finding ways of eating good food on the go saves money and ensures you make a great choices. Enjoy our...