Vegetable Marrakesh Casserole Recipe
Root vegetables are stars of the spiced casserole! Sweet potato, pumpkin and carrot are simmered in Moroccan-inspired flavours for a mouth-watering dish that the whole family will love.
- 60mL extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2cm piece ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp Celtic sea salt
- 2–3 tsp dried harissa
- 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp rice-malt syrup
- Juice 1 lemon
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- ¼ cup chopped mint leaves
- 1 small pumpkin, peeled & cut into 5cm pieces
- 1 sweet potato, peeled & cut into 5cm pieces
- 3 carrots, peeled & cut into 5cm pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into 5cm pieces
- 400g tin chickpeas
- Heat olive oil in flameproof tagine pot or casserole dish over medium heat and sauté onion for 5 mins, or until translucent.
- Add harissa, tomato, rice-malt syrup, lemon juice, coriander and mint, bring to boil then reduce heat.
- Add pumpkin, sweet potato, carrot and zucchini, stir well so they are all well covered in sauce and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- Add chickpeas and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Cooked quinoa, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- 1 tbsp lemon zest, to serve
- Mint leaves, to serve
- ½ cup almonds, roasted, to serve
- Serve on bed of quinoa topped with coriander, lemon zest, mint and roasted almonds.
No refined sugars and loads of fruit make this vegan tropical iceblock recipe a real winner
Cherry and almond sorbet
This simple cherry and almond sorbet recipe doesn’t require an ice-cream machine, and it's vegan-friendly too. What are you waiting...
Mango passionfruit chia pudding
Need a healthy breakfast or a lunch on the run? These vegan mango passionfruit chia puddings are the perfect solution
Strawberry, banana and vanilla iceblocks
Sugar-free, plant-based and vegan, these strawberry, banana and vanilla iceblocks will be your best healthy indulgence go-to ever.