Vegetable Marrakesh Casserole Recipe
Root vegetables are stars of the spiced casserole! Sweet potato, pumpkin and carrot are simmered in Moroccan-inspired flavours for a mouth-watering dish that the whole family will love.
- 60mL extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2cm piece ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp Celtic sea salt
- 2–3 tsp dried harissa
- 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp rice-malt syrup
- Juice 1 lemon
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- ¼ cup chopped mint leaves
- 1 small pumpkin, peeled & cut into 5cm pieces
- 1 sweet potato, peeled & cut into 5cm pieces
- 3 carrots, peeled & cut into 5cm pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into 5cm pieces
- 400g tin chickpeas
- Heat olive oil in flameproof tagine pot or casserole dish over medium heat and sauté onion for 5 mins, or until translucent.
- Add harissa, tomato, rice-malt syrup, lemon juice, coriander and mint, bring to boil then reduce heat.
- Add pumpkin, sweet potato, carrot and zucchini, stir well so they are all well covered in sauce and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- Add chickpeas and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Cooked quinoa, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- 1 tbsp lemon zest, to serve
- Mint leaves, to serve
- ½ cup almonds, roasted, to serve
- Serve on bed of quinoa topped with coriander, lemon zest, mint and roasted almonds.
Spiced Carrot Dip Recipe
Mad for carrots? We are too! They are a regular player in our snack bag on the run. Try our...
Egg Salad Cos Cups Recipe
Create a fun dish to have at your next picnic that looks impressive! Try our Egg salad cos cups recipe...
Rainbow Salad in a Jar Recipe
Finding ways of eating good food on the go saves money and ensures you make a great choices. Enjoy our...