Vegetable Marrakesh Casserole Recipe
Root vegetables are stars of the spiced casserole! Sweet potato, pumpkin and carrot are simmered in Moroccan-inspired flavours for a mouth-watering dish that the whole family will love.
- 60mL extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2cm piece ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp Celtic sea salt
- 2–3 tsp dried harissa
- 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp rice-malt syrup
- Juice 1 lemon
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- ¼ cup chopped mint leaves
- 1 small pumpkin, peeled & cut into 5cm pieces
- 1 sweet potato, peeled & cut into 5cm pieces
- 3 carrots, peeled & cut into 5cm pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into 5cm pieces
- 400g tin chickpeas
- Heat olive oil in flameproof tagine pot or casserole dish over medium heat and sauté onion for 5 mins, or until translucent.
- Add harissa, tomato, rice-malt syrup, lemon juice, coriander and mint, bring to boil then reduce heat.
- Add pumpkin, sweet potato, carrot and zucchini, stir well so they are all well covered in sauce and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- Add chickpeas and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Cooked quinoa, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- 1 tbsp lemon zest, to serve
- Mint leaves, to serve
- ½ cup almonds, roasted, to serve
- Serve on bed of quinoa topped with coriander, lemon zest, mint and roasted almonds.
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
If you’re not normally a lover of Brussels sprouts, this dish is sure to turn you into a fan! The...
Potato Pea Triangles Recipe
When our kids were young, this was their favourite dish. We’d make a big batch every week and they’d take...
Curry Spiced Trail Mix Recipe
Snack time just became a whole lot more interesting thanks to this Curry Spiced Trail Mix: the perfect combination of...
Butter Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Curry Recipe
Cauliflower and sweet potato add such abundant nutrition to this traditional curry dish with a twist. Both vegetables are rich...