Vegetable Marrakesh Casserole Recipe
Root vegetables are stars of the spiced casserole! Sweet potato, pumpkin and carrot are simmered in Moroccan-inspired flavours for a mouth-watering dish that the whole family will love.
- 60mL extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2cm piece ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp Celtic sea salt
- 2–3 tsp dried harissa
- 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp rice-malt syrup
- Juice 1 lemon
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- ¼ cup chopped mint leaves
- 1 small pumpkin, peeled & cut into 5cm pieces
- 1 sweet potato, peeled & cut into 5cm pieces
- 3 carrots, peeled & cut into 5cm pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into 5cm pieces
- 400g tin chickpeas
- Heat olive oil in flameproof tagine pot or casserole dish over medium heat and sauté onion for 5 mins, or until translucent.
- Add harissa, tomato, rice-malt syrup, lemon juice, coriander and mint, bring to boil then reduce heat.
- Add pumpkin, sweet potato, carrot and zucchini, stir well so they are all well covered in sauce and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- Add chickpeas and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Cooked quinoa, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- 1 tbsp lemon zest, to serve
- Mint leaves, to serve
- ½ cup almonds, roasted, to serve
- Serve on bed of quinoa topped with coriander, lemon zest, mint and roasted almonds.
Mushroom and Spinach Vegan Quiche Recipe
This eggless quiche is savoury, satisfying, comforting, loaded with vegies and healthy!
Scrambled Turmeric Tofu Recipe
Tofu provides a good dose of the important bone-building minerals, calcium and phosphorus. Taste the scrambled turmeric tofu recipe!
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...
Rainbow Mushroom Poke Bowl by Jacqueline Alwill from The Brown Paper Bag
The Rainbow Poke Bowl delivers your body vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fibre, proteins, carbohydrates, fats and so much more.