Warming Flourless Pear Chocolate Almond Cake Recipe
This cake is a nourishing take on the more traditional fruity and chocolate cake recipes we all know and love. I’ve swapped grain-based flours for nutrient dense almonds and made the cake deliciously rich with dark chocolate and seasonal winter pears.
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups almond meal
- ⅓ cup arrowroot flour
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 100g dark chocolate, grated
- 4 ripe pears, peeled & cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Grease 20cm round cake tin and line base.
- Combine coconut oil, maple syrup and eggs in mixing bowl and whisk until creamy.
- Add almond meal, arrowroot, cacao and grated chocolate and mix.
- Spoon half mixture into cake tin, layer half pear pieces and repeat.
- Bake in middle of oven for 40–45 mins.
- Remove from oven, allow to set for 10–15 mins in tin then slice and serve.
Spinach Goat’s Cheese and Pine Nut Tarts Recipe
This tart is a trusty friend when you want to take something simple but special along to a potluck feast...
Mum's Ultimate Shepherd's Pie Recipe
This pie is a far cry from the basic meat and potato pie that most of us remember. The spices...
Roasted Cauliflower and Potato Curry Recipe
Turmeric has been used and well respected for 2500 years in India as an Ayurvedic medicine. This brightly coloured spice,...
Pumpkin and Chickpea Curry Recipe
I can’t tell you how important it is to follow a soaking process when preparing any legumes or pulses. If...