Warming Flourless Pear Chocolate Almond Cake Recipe
This cake is a nourishing take on the more traditional fruity and chocolate cake recipes we all know and love. I’ve swapped grain-based flours for nutrient dense almonds and made the cake deliciously rich with dark chocolate and seasonal winter pears.
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups almond meal
- ⅓ cup arrowroot flour
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 100g dark chocolate, grated
- 4 ripe pears, peeled & cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Grease 20cm round cake tin and line base.
- Combine coconut oil, maple syrup and eggs in mixing bowl and whisk until creamy.
- Add almond meal, arrowroot, cacao and grated chocolate and mix.
- Spoon half mixture into cake tin, layer half pear pieces and repeat.
- Bake in middle of oven for 40–45 mins.
- Remove from oven, allow to set for 10–15 mins in tin then slice and serve.
Mushroom, Tomato, Avocado & Greens on Sourdough Toast
You can still enjoy a big Sunday brekkie on a whole-food plant-based diet. It’s delicious, nutritious and will make you...
Healthy Gluten-free Waffles with Mixed Berries
These delicious light and healthy gluten-free waffles make a perfect weekend breakfast.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Berry and apple jellies
Fun to make and delicious to eat - these berry and apple jellies sure are a treat