Watermelon Cake Recipe
This is the cake you make when you don’t feel like actual cake. Perfect for a hot summer afternoon, it’s a lovely bit of novelty for kids and adults alike.
- 1 whole watermelon, preferably seedless
- 3 cups coconut yoghurt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 60mL maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- Shredded coconut & lime slices, to garnish
- Slice sides and ends of watermelon to make square shape at desired size. Trim off any remaining rind. Slice watermelon horizontally into 3 even slices, to form cake layers. Wrap each piece in paper towel to absorb excess moisture. Set aside for 10 mins.
- Whisk together coconut yoghurt, vanilla, maple syrup and lime zest to form smooth “icing”.
- Place one square slice of watermelon on serving platter and spread with one-third of icing. Place another square of watermelon on top and spread with another third of icing. Add last square and spread remaining icing on top. Garnish with coconut and lime.
- Slice as you would regular cake, but be careful as it has a tendency to slide around. Enjoy.
Vegan Mushroom Croquettes with Cashew Aioli Recipe
Baked for optimum health, these creamy vegan mushroom croquettes offer a deliciously moreish appetiser, snack or dinner staple.
Niulife Organic Coconut Milk Powder —
Use in place of milk or milk powder in smoothies, cooking, baking, and dessert making. 100% of profits from...
Niulife Vegan Fysh Sauce — Kokonut Pacific
With the same great taste, this plant-powered seasoning is a deliciously healthy alternative to fish sauce.
Raw Mango Spring Rolls Recipe
These fresh and tasty raw mango spring rolls make a wholesome vegan starter or lunch, packed with plenty of antioxidant...