Watermelon Cake Recipe
This is the cake you make when you don’t feel like actual cake. Perfect for a hot summer afternoon, it’s a lovely bit of novelty for kids and adults alike.
- 1 whole watermelon, preferably seedless
- 3 cups coconut yoghurt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 60mL maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- Shredded coconut & lime slices, to garnish
- Slice sides and ends of watermelon to make square shape at desired size. Trim off any remaining rind. Slice watermelon horizontally into 3 even slices, to form cake layers. Wrap each piece in paper towel to absorb excess moisture. Set aside for 10 mins.
- Whisk together coconut yoghurt, vanilla, maple syrup and lime zest to form smooth “icing”.
- Place one square slice of watermelon on serving platter and spread with one-third of icing. Place another square of watermelon on top and spread with another third of icing. Add last square and spread remaining icing on top. Garnish with coconut and lime.
- Slice as you would regular cake, but be careful as it has a tendency to slide around. Enjoy.
Mauritian Lentil Soup
This Mauritian-inspired red lentil soup is the ultimate comfort food. Easy to whip together, it’s warming to the body, with...
Emma Dean's Plant-Based Pancakes with Hazelnut & Chocolate Sauce
Need a little indulgence? Try Emma Dean's Pana Organic Pancakes, topped with Pana Chocolate and warm Hazelnut & Chocolate spread....
Are you in need of some breakfast inspiration? We think that Bircher muesli is one of the best breakfasts you...
Chunky Almond Granola
This chunky almond granola is jam-packed with dietary fibre to help lower cholesterol levels, along with B vitamins and slow-release...