Watermelon Cake Recipe
This is the cake you make when you don’t feel like actual cake. Perfect for a hot summer afternoon, it’s a lovely bit of novelty for kids and adults alike.
- 1 whole watermelon, preferably seedless
- 3 cups coconut yoghurt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 60mL maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- Shredded coconut & lime slices, to garnish
- Slice sides and ends of watermelon to make square shape at desired size. Trim off any remaining rind. Slice watermelon horizontally into 3 even slices, to form cake layers. Wrap each piece in paper towel to absorb excess moisture. Set aside for 10 mins.
- Whisk together coconut yoghurt, vanilla, maple syrup and lime zest to form smooth “icing”.
- Place one square slice of watermelon on serving platter and spread with one-third of icing. Place another square of watermelon on top and spread with another third of icing. Add last square and spread remaining icing on top. Garnish with coconut and lime.
- Slice as you would regular cake, but be careful as it has a tendency to slide around. Enjoy.
Vegan Bento Bowl Recipe
This vegan bento bowl will make you feel a sense of Zen as you enjoy an organised meal full of...
The Perfect Breakfast Board Recipe
Give sugary, boxed breakfast cereals a miss and opt for this nutrient-dense gluten-free breakfast bored to power you from sunrise...
Lentil Savoury Mince Recipe
This vegan mince can be used in an abundance of ways and is a yummy simple way to keep your...
Baked Tempeh, Peanut Sauce & Sautéed Mushrooms, Broccoli & Spinach Recipe
This vegan breakfast plate combines the nutritious value of tempeh with its ultimate ally, peanut sauce alongside flavourful mushrooms and...