Wholesome Spiced Apples Recipe
Seasonal fruits cooked in spice are a favourite in our home and this recipe is on high rotation throughout the winter months. Adding a fat such as coconut oil as well as cinnamon to the apples not only gives delicious flavour but slows the release of sugar from the fruit into the bloodstream and helps to keep your energy levels balanced.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 700g green apples, core removed & thinly sliced
- ½ cup sultanas
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup macadamias, chopped
- Heat large frypan on low–medium heat.
- Add coconut oil, apples, sultanas and cinnamon and toss to coat.
- Cover with lid and cook 12–13 mins, tossing frequently.
- Remove lid and cook a further 2–3 mins.
- Sprinkle with macadamia nuts and serve as is or with dollop of full-fat dairy/coconut yoghurt, or honey ricotta for something more indulgent.
Spinach Goat’s Cheese and Pine Nut Tarts Recipe
This tart is a trusty friend when you want to take something simple but special along to a potluck feast...
Mum's Ultimate Shepherd's Pie Recipe
This pie is a far cry from the basic meat and potato pie that most of us remember. The spices...
Roasted Cauliflower and Potato Curry Recipe
Turmeric has been used and well respected for 2500 years in India as an Ayurvedic medicine. This brightly coloured spice,...
Pumpkin and Chickpea Curry Recipe
I can’t tell you how important it is to follow a soaking process when preparing any legumes or pulses. If...