Wholesome Spiced Apples Recipe
Seasonal fruits cooked in spice are a favourite in our home and this recipe is on high rotation throughout the winter months. Adding a fat such as coconut oil as well as cinnamon to the apples not only gives delicious flavour but slows the release of sugar from the fruit into the bloodstream and helps to keep your energy levels balanced.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 700g green apples, core removed & thinly sliced
- ½ cup sultanas
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup macadamias, chopped
- Heat large frypan on low–medium heat.
- Add coconut oil, apples, sultanas and cinnamon and toss to coat.
- Cover with lid and cook 12–13 mins, tossing frequently.
- Remove lid and cook a further 2–3 mins.
- Sprinkle with macadamia nuts and serve as is or with dollop of full-fat dairy/coconut yoghurt, or honey ricotta for something more indulgent.
Healthy Gluten-free Waffles with Mixed Berries
These delicious light and healthy gluten-free waffles make a perfect weekend breakfast.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Berry and apple jellies
Fun to make and delicious to eat - these berry and apple jellies sure are a treat
No refined sugars and loads of fruit make this vegan tropical iceblock recipe a real winner