Zucchini Fritters Recipe
Zucchinis contain beneficial carotenoids including beta-carotene, zeaxanthin and lutein, which are potent antioxidants, beneficial for eye health and protection against age-related eye diseases. Feta is a great source of protein and calcium for bone health, and vitamin B12 required for healthy brain function and nervous system health.
- 3 large zucchinis
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ cup almond meal
- 2 eggs
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 100g feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup roughly chopped parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Grate zucchini and place in bowl. Sprinkle with sea salt and leave for 10 mins.
- Grab handfuls of zucchini and squeeze well to remove any water. Then place zucchini in another bowl.
- Add almond meal, eggs, shallots, feta, parsley and oregano, and mix until combined.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan on medium heat. Place spoonful of mixture into pan and cook for a few of minutes each side, until golden and cooked through.
- Delicious served with sour cream or Greek yoghurt.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Mexican Tortilla Cups Recipe
These tortilla cups are easy to make and pack a nutritional punch with protein from the eggs and lots of...
Rosemary Flaxseed Crackers Recipe
These gluten-free crackers make an ideal snack with dips and cheeses. Need a picnic idea?
Indian Spiced Cauliflower Recipe
This delicious and healthy dish is especially lovely served with basmati rice cooked in coconut milk.
Asparagus Pita Pizza Recipe
This simple vegetarian pizza dinner is perfect for Meat-Free Monday’s (a campaign that encourages us to try one meat-free day...