Do you want an entire working week of breakfasts made in just a few minutes? Do you want those breakfasts to be packed with antioxidants, fibre and protein? Do you want that breakfast to taste like a delicious treat? OK then. Grab a mixing bowl and a blender and let’s make a batch of protein oats!
- 2 medium apples
- 200g rolled oats
- 90g chia seeds
- 500mL almond milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 scoops of chocolate
- protein powder or pea protein
- 400g frozen cherries
- In a large mixing bowl, grate the apples with the skin on. Add the rolled oats and the chia seeds and mix to combine.
- In a blender, add almond milk, vanilla, cocoa, protein powder and frozen cherries and blitz on high until a smooth liquid is formed. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Cover the mixing bowl with cling wrap and chill in the fridge overnight.
- Serve from the bowl each morning, or portion into grab-and-go containers.