A combination of fresh, sweet, summer pineapple, balanced with the slight tartness of the apples.
- 11⁄2 tbsp cornflour or plain flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 350g fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled & sliced
- 130g plain flour
- 90g butter, softened
- 35g rolled oats
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- Ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Start with the filling: add flour, sugar and cinnamon to a bowl and toss pineapple and Granny Smith apples through. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add all crumble ingredients and mix. Use fingertips to combine the butter into the mix until the mixture feels well combined and there are no lumps of butter.
- In a baking dish, spread and layer pineapple and apple mix and top with crumble mix.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until golden and crunchy on top.
- Serve warm with ice-cream.
- If you prefer a less tart dessert, use a red-skinned apple.