Stuffed mushrooms might seem outdated, but I am on a mission to bring them back. You won’t be able to resist these!
- 6 large flat cup mushrooms, peeled, stems removed & chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 8 Swiss brown or white mushrooms, peeled & chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped, reserve some for garnish
- 1 cup cooked cous cous, prepared as directed on pack
- 10 macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place prepped large mushrooms on a tray and dry bake for 10 mins.
- Heat a frying pan over low heat and add olive oil, onions and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Sauté onions until soft, about 4-5 mins.
- Add chopped mushrooms and garlic and sauté for 3 min, then add parsley, mix and cook for 1 min.
- Remove from heat and add couscous, mix well to combine.
- Check for seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Pile the mixture high on the large mushrooms and bake for 15 mins.
- Place on a platter and scatter over reserved parsley, macadamia nuts and more pepper.
- Tip: A vegan parmesan is a great addition to these mushrooms. Scatter a handful over the top before you roast them.