These crackers are super simple, crunchy, and very very moreish. Perfect for popping in lunchboxes or for snacking in the afternoon.
- 185g buckwheat flour
- 90g teff flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 40g hemp seeds
- 40g flaxseeds
- 1½ tsp salt, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease and line 2 large baking trays
- Place all of the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add the olive oil and about ¼ of the water and mix, adding more water slowly, until a stiff dough forms.
- Divide dough in half and lay out sheets of baking paper the same size as the trays. Roll the dough thinly to about 2mm thick, to fit the trays.
- Lay the dough out on the trays and cut into shapes, then sprinkle with sea salt flakes. Bake for 10 mins and very carefully ease the crackers apart and flip them over. Bake for a further 5 mins or until firm and deep brown in colour.
- Cool the crackers on the trays before storing in airtight containers.
- Note: These crackers will crisp up and develop flavour as they cool.