Quinoa and Berry Muesli Slice Recipe
Here’s a super-simple recipe that also makes for a super-quick, nutritious, flavoursome breakfast or snack when you need it.
Makes: 16 slices
- ½ cup quinoa flakes
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil or macadamia oil
- 2 free-range eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp orange zest
- ½ cup sultanas
- ½ cup cranberries
- ½ cup chopped prunes
- 2 tbsp golden linseeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 150g mixed berries (frozen or fresh)
- Preheat oven to 170°C and line square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- In small bowl, combine quinoa flakes and almond milk. Mix and set aside to soak for 5-10 mins.
- Place coconut/macadamia oil, eggs, honey, baking powder, cinnamon and orange zest in large bowl and whisk until creamy.
- Add sultanas, cranberries, prunes, linseeds, hemp seeds, buckwheat flour, coconut flakes and soaked quinoa and mix well.
- Spoon into lined tin, top with berries, pressing in slightly, then bake for 45-55 mins.
- Cool in tin for 20 mins, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice into pieces and serve.
- Store in airtight container up to 3 days or in fridge for up to 1 week.
Kale and Sweet Potato Frittata Recipe
This is a fantastic quick dish to have during the week. It provides you with loads of vegetables, complex carbohydrates...
Pea, Mint and Ginger Risotto Recipe
The combination of peas, mint, ginger and lemon is so delicious. When I make this dish, I always have a...