Quinoa and Berry Muesli Slice Recipe
Here’s a super-simple recipe that also makes for a super-quick, nutritious, flavoursome breakfast or snack when you need it.
Makes: 16 slices
- ½ cup quinoa flakes
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil or macadamia oil
- 2 free-range eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp orange zest
- ½ cup sultanas
- ½ cup cranberries
- ½ cup chopped prunes
- 2 tbsp golden linseeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 150g mixed berries (frozen or fresh)
- Preheat oven to 170°C and line square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- In small bowl, combine quinoa flakes and almond milk. Mix and set aside to soak for 5-10 mins.
- Place coconut/macadamia oil, eggs, honey, baking powder, cinnamon and orange zest in large bowl and whisk until creamy.
- Add sultanas, cranberries, prunes, linseeds, hemp seeds, buckwheat flour, coconut flakes and soaked quinoa and mix well.
- Spoon into lined tin, top with berries, pressing in slightly, then bake for 45-55 mins.
- Cool in tin for 20 mins, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice into pieces and serve.
- Store in airtight container up to 3 days or in fridge for up to 1 week.
Healthy Gluten-free Waffles with Mixed Berries
These delicious light and healthy gluten-free waffles make a perfect weekend breakfast.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Berry and apple jellies
Fun to make and delicious to eat - these berry and apple jellies sure are a treat
No refined sugars and loads of fruit make this vegan tropical iceblock recipe a real winner