Aromatic Lamb and Zucchini Soup
The anti-inflammatory spices turmeric and cinnamon assert themselves beautifully here against the boisterous lamb and sweet zucchini — two winning participants standing shoulder to shoulder to deliver enough protein and fibre to boost immunity and get your digestive system moving.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1kg diced lamb (shoulder or leg), fat trimmed
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp harissa
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2L chicken stock
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Juice 1 lemon
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to serve
- Bunch coriander, leaves picked, to serve
- Heat half the oil in large frying pan over high heat. Add half the lamb and cook for 5 mins, browning on all sides. Remove from pan and set aside. Repeat with remaining lamb, using same oil.
- Heat remaining oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, for 5–6 mins or until caramelised. Add turmeric, ginger and cinnamon and cook for 1–2 mins or until spices are aromatic.
- Add lamb and stir to coat in spice mix. Add harissa and zucchini and stir well. Pour in stock and bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour or until lamb is tender.
- In a cup, lightly whisk egg, if using. Pour into soup mixture, stirring constantly. Add tomato, spinach and lemon juice, and simmer for 5 mins.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly, then purée in batches in food processor or blender. Grind over pepper, garnish with coriander and serve.
CORN THINS Sesame Organic
Looking for a snack that’s healthy but not boring? Crispy & tasty, but also good for you? No need to...
3 wholesome snacks to nourish your gut
Made with prebiotic-packed K-Fibre to nurture your gut, these wholesome snacks make the ultimate addition to a healthy, balanced diet.
Cacao Berry & Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie Recipes
Looking for your go-to holiday snack? Sip on these nutrient-packed summer smoothies to enhance your mood, boost your energy and...
3 Asian-inspired vegan dishes to add to your mid-week menu
Elevate your mid-week rotation with these Asian-inspired vegan dishes, using Niulife’s Vegan Fysh Sauce to give your meal that delicious,...