Banana Berry Bliss Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Bananas are one of the best sources of vitamin B6, which is needed for a healthy nervous system. They also contain the amino acid tryptophan, which is used to produce serotonin, our feel-good hormone. Try them out in this Healthy Banana Berry Bliss Smoothie Bowl Recipe.
- 1 cup frozen berries such as raspberries, strawberries, blueberries & blackberries
- 1 frozen ripe banana
- ¼ cup coconut yoghurt
- ¼ cup almond milk or coconut water
- 1 tbsp plant-based protein powder
- Berries, banana slices, nuts, seeds (flax, chia, sesame, hemp, sunflower, pepitas), bee pollen, cacao nibs, mint leaves, coconut flakes, drizzle of kefir or coconut yoghurt
- Blend berries, banana, yoghurt, milk and protein powder in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and decorate with your choice of grain-free toppings.
The secret healing power of pineapple
We all know pineapple is deliciously sweet - but did you know about its secret healing power? Read on to...
Why avocados are good for your health
Avocadoes are not only delicious but also a source of healing fats and nutrients.
Do you love avocado? Dr Karen Bridgman shares the health benefits of the fruit
Who doesn't love smashed avocado atop their toast on the weekend? Avocadoes are not only delicious but also a source...
We take a look at Cardamom, "the queen of spices" and its health benefits
Known as the “queen of spices”, the active ingredients in cardamom exhibit a variety of metabolic activities including reducing spasms...