BBQ Jackfruit Pizza Recipe
Do you want to create a sensation at the dinner table? This jackfruit pizza will blow your dinner guests’ minds with its sweet, sassy flavour.
Makes: 4 pizzas
- 3 x 440g tins green jackfruit in brine, not syrup
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup vegan barbecue sauce
- 4 x wholemeal Lebanese bread
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 cups chopped pineapple
- 2 cups rocket
- Cashew Sour Cream
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ tsp salt
- Heat an oven to 200°C and line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Rinse, drain, and thoroughly dry jackfruit. Cut away the “core” portion of the fruit and discard. Place in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In another large bowl mix together the coconut sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and chilli flakes. Add the sliced red onion, jackfruit and barbecue sauce and mix well.
- Put the jackfruit mixture onto the baking trays and place in the oven. Bake for 15 mins. Remove from the oven and then pull the jackfruit apart with two forks. Place back in the oven and cook for another 10-15 mins.
- To make the cashew sour cream, place the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend to a smooth creamy paste. Place the cashew cream into a container and set aside.
- Remove jackfruit mixture from the oven and set aside.
- Place each wholemeal Lebanese bread on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Add ¼ cup of pasta sauce and spread evenly to cover the bread. Divide the cooked jackfruit into 4 and sprinkle over each pizza base. Top each pizza with ¼ cup of corn and ½ cup of pineapple pieces. Dollop 3 tbsp cashew sour cream on each pizza.
- Place the pizzas in the oven and cook until the base is super crisp, about 20-30 mins.
- Remove pizzas from the oven and top with fresh rocket leaves.
Asparagus & Fennel Soup with Cumin-spiced Lotus Chips Recipe
Although fennel and asparagus are less common ingredients, this soup combines their flavours beautifully in a unique affair, perfect for...
Ricotta with Eggplant, Olives & Tomato Recipe
Eggplant is such a wonderfully ‘meaty’ vegetable, and makes the ultimate crowd-pleasing starter when teamed with these scrumptious Italian flavours.