Chermoula Prawn & Shaved Fennel Salad Recipe
Looking for a recipe that tastes like summer on a plate? This one is for you. If you’re not familiar with Chermoula, it’s a marinade and relish used in Algerian, Libyan, Moroccan and Tunisian cooking traditionally used to flavour fish and seafood.
- (Use store-bought to speed up the cooking process or make your own and store in the fridge.)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 2.5cm piece fresh ginger, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded & roughly chopped
- Handful parsley leaves
- Handful coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 100mL olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Shaved Fennel Salad
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly black ground pepper
1 zucchini or cucumber, thinly sliced lengthways using a vegetable peeler or knife
- 1 large fennel bulb, fronds reserved & chopped, bulb shaved using a vegetable peeler or knife
40g red onion, thinly sliced
- To make the chermoula, process all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Place the prawns in a bowl and add ¾ of the chermoula, setting aside the rest in a jar in the fridge for later use. Mix until the prawns are well coated.
- Preheat a barbecue grill plate to high or heat a chargrill pan over medium–high heat and cook the prawns for 3–4 mins on each side, until cooked through.
- To make the salad, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the zucchini, shaved fennel, half the fennel fronds and the onion, then stir gently to coat well.
- Serve the prawns with the salad and garnish with the remaining fennel fronds.
Can a seafood diet ever really be sustainable? We take a look
Global seafood consumption has quadrupled over the past 50 years and interest in environmentally conscious fish choices has grown. But...
Fast, Healthy & Delicious Fish Burger
If ever there was a super-quick, super-satisfying and super-nourishing easy meal to curb the cravings of a burger on the...
Healthy Garlic & Chilli Prawn Linguine
This Garlic & Chilli Prawn Linguine recipe is effortlessly simple and is perfect for a midweek meal. Enjoy with the...