Bean & Corn Quesadilla
When our children were young, we made this quesadilla every week. It’s a perfect meal for a hungry family on the run after school and activities. The ingredients are placed into the tortilla, placed into the frying pan and as quick as a flash it’s ready to serve.
- 1½ cups tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 capsicum, seeds removed & chopped into large pieces
- 1 red birds’ eye chilli (optional)
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 × 400g tin kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 8 tortillas
- 1 avocado, mashed
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Blend tomatoes, onion, garlic, capsicum, chilli, cumin and ground coriander in food processor. Pour into saucepan and bring to boil. Add beans and corn. Stir and simmer for 10 mins until thick.
- Heat large frying pan on medium heat. Add 1 tortilla to pan and top with ¼ each of bean and corn mixture, avocado and coriander leaves. Top with another tortilla. Cook tortilla until brown and crisp on one side then turn with spatula and cook until brown and crisp on the other.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Cut each tortilla into eight wedges like a pizza and serve.
Crispy Chickpea Kale Salad Recipe
This leafy kale salad is a great plant-based source of iron, packed with plenty of antioxidants and added crunch to...
Quick kitchen: Vegan Lentil Moussaka
If you’re looking for a recipe that brings both comfort and nourishment in the same mouthful, my vegan lentil moussaka...
Tempeh Snow Pea & King Oyster Mushroom Stir-Fry
When you come home from work hungry and tired, the last thing you want to do is cook an elaborate...
Red Lentil Dahl with Brown Rice, Lime Pickle & Mango Chutney
Red lentils are a great source of low-fat, plant-based protein and contain a wealth of B vitamins, many essential minerals...