Bean & Corn Quesadilla
When our children were young, we made this quesadilla every week. It’s a perfect meal for a hungry family on the run after school and activities. The ingredients are placed into the tortilla, placed into the frying pan and as quick as a flash it’s ready to serve.
- 1½ cups tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 capsicum, seeds removed & chopped into large pieces
- 1 red birds’ eye chilli (optional)
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 × 400g tin kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 8 tortillas
- 1 avocado, mashed
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Blend tomatoes, onion, garlic, capsicum, chilli, cumin and ground coriander in food processor. Pour into saucepan and bring to boil. Add beans and corn. Stir and simmer for 10 mins until thick.
- Heat large frying pan on medium heat. Add 1 tortilla to pan and top with ¼ each of bean and corn mixture, avocado and coriander leaves. Top with another tortilla. Cook tortilla until brown and crisp on one side then turn with spatula and cook until brown and crisp on the other.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Cut each tortilla into eight wedges like a pizza and serve.
Plant-Based Buckwheat Crêpes with Strawberries Recipe
Amazing how easy it is to swap to plant-based recipes without ever feeling you’re missing out, and these buckwheat crepes...
Smoked Tofu, Avocado & Asparagus Vegan Benedict Recipe
Memorable meals can easily be reproduced with vegan ingredients, and this tofu vegan benedict will absolutely wow you in the...
Chocolate Nice Cream with Strawberries Recipe
Decadent and sweet with natural sugars, this choc nice cream is the perfect sweet treat or pancake topper — and...
Original Coconut Amino Sauce — Niulife
The original not-soy sauce that’s famous for flavour. This soy-free seasoning sauce is all-natural, non-GMO and gluten free. Made from...