Beetroot-Cured Salmon RecipeCredit: Danielle Minnebo
You’ll be surprised how easy this recipe is. The beetroot gives the salmon a lovely pink colour which makes for a very striking dish. I’ve done this using two salmon fillets but it would work well on a larger piece of salmon. Just make sure you multiply the curing ingredients to the size of the salmon.
- 1 beetroot bulb, grated
- 50g coconut palm sugar
- 35g sea salt flakes
- 2 salmon fillets (approx. 300g)
- 4 tsp horseradish sauce
- ¼ cup fresh dill leaves
- Add grated beetroot, coconut palm sugar and sea salt to small bowl and mix together until combined.
- Line roasting tray with clingfilm and spoon half of beetroot mixture into base of tray. Place salmon fillets skin side down on top of beetroot cure then spoon remaining beetroot cure over top of salmon. Wrap salmon tightly in clingfilm and keep in roasting tray. Place another roasting tray on top to help weigh it down. Place in fridge for 3 days. Every day, drain liquid from tray and turn salmon over.
- Just before serving, remove salmon from clingfilm and wipe off any excess beetroot curing mixture. Slice salmon as thinly as possible and place on white serving platter. Dot horseradish sauce between pieces of salmon and decorate with fresh dill.
- Keep in fridge right up until serving.
Discover organic at our Welbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Simple Vegetable Curry Recipe
You can whip up this recipe for a quick meal that’s guaranteed to please your family. It’s very versatile, so...
Tortilla and Black Bean Pie Recipe
This pie has minimal cooking and is fun for kids to put together, although adult supervision is recommended.
Portobello Black Bean Burgers with Lemon and Garlic Recipe
Not only are these burgers scrumptious and filling, they are also sneakily healthy, meaning you won’t get that after-burger bloat...
Baked Apple Pancakes Recipe
This delicious dessert can be whipped together on a Sunday afternoon and enjoyed for dessert, still leaving you with portions...