Beetroot-Cured Salmon Recipe
You’ll be surprised how easy this recipe is. The beetroot gives the salmon a lovely pink colour which makes for a very striking dish. I’ve done this using two salmon fillets but it would work well on a larger piece of salmon. Just make sure you multiply the curing ingredients to the size of the salmon.
- 1 beetroot bulb, grated
- 50g coconut palm sugar
- 35g sea salt flakes
- 2 salmon fillets (approx. 300g)
- 4 tsp horseradish sauce
- ¼ cup fresh dill leaves
- Add grated beetroot, coconut palm sugar and sea salt to small bowl and mix together until combined.
- Line roasting tray with clingfilm and spoon half of beetroot mixture into base of tray. Place salmon fillets skin side down on top of beetroot cure then spoon remaining beetroot cure over top of salmon. Wrap salmon tightly in clingfilm and keep in roasting tray. Place another roasting tray on top to help weigh it down. Place in fridge for 3 days. Every day, drain liquid from tray and turn salmon over.
- Just before serving, remove salmon from clingfilm and wipe off any excess beetroot curing mixture. Slice salmon as thinly as possible and place on white serving platter. Dot horseradish sauce between pieces of salmon and decorate with fresh dill.
- Keep in fridge right up until serving.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Sponsor Recipes: Orgran
Discover some of the delicious gluten-free recipes you can make with Orgran.
Watermelon Cake Recipe
This cake is perfect for a hot summer afternoon and it’s a lovely bit of novelty for kids and adults...
Gooey Chocolate Cake Recipe
This delicious heart-smart cake is high in antioxidants and both plant-based iron and protein. Enjoy!
Blood Orange Cake Recipe
The combination of orange and lemon rinds makes this delicious cake especially zingy!