Cacao Hemp Balls Recipe
Hemp seeds are one of the richest plant sources of polyunsaturated essential fatty acids. They contain a perfect balance of omega-3 to omega-6 fats which help promote strong immune function and cardiovascular health.
Makes: 14 balls
- 1 packed cup medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup hemp seeds, plus extra for topping
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts, plus 16 extra
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ tbsp cold-pressed coconut oil
- Place dates, hemp seeds, cacao powder, tahini and hazelnuts (reserving 16) in food processor, and blend until well combined and mixture forms balls.
- Using heaped tbsp of mixture place hazelnut in centre and mould mixture around nut.
- Place balls on tray lined with baking paper in freezer for 20 mins to set.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in small pan. Dip each ball in melted chocolate and place on tray, sprinkle with hemp seeds and place back in freezer for 20 mins.
- Store leftovers in the freezer.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Vegetarian cashew and zucchini Indonesian noodles
What works as a stand-alone vegetarian dish, goes well with tofu, and can even proudly accompany a chicken or fish...
Thai mango salad
This summery Thai mango salad ticks all the boxes for a fresh and healthy meal
Thai tofu with almond sauce and jasmine rice
Tofu is a good source of protein, calcium, and B vitamins. Enjoy it Thai-style with almond sauce and jasmine rice...