Cacao Hemp Balls Recipe
Hemp seeds are one of the richest plant sources of polyunsaturated essential fatty acids. They contain a perfect balance of omega-3 to omega-6 fats which help promote strong immune function and cardiovascular health.
Makes: 14 balls
- 1 packed cup medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup hemp seeds, plus extra for topping
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts, plus 16 extra
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ tbsp cold-pressed coconut oil
- Place dates, hemp seeds, cacao powder, tahini and hazelnuts (reserving 16) in food processor, and blend until well combined and mixture forms balls.
- Using heaped tbsp of mixture place hazelnut in centre and mould mixture around nut.
- Place balls on tray lined with baking paper in freezer for 20 mins to set.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in small pan. Dip each ball in melted chocolate and place on tray, sprinkle with hemp seeds and place back in freezer for 20 mins.
- Store leftovers in the freezer.
Vegetarian Cypriot Sausage Recipe
If you’ve followed my work for a while you’ll know I love the challenge of a meat for vego swap...
Lentils and Greens with a Lemony Vinaigrette Recipe
This salad is the perfect main or side dish. It’s loaded with beautiful iron-boosting ingredients like lentils, almonds and greens,...
Iron-boosting Eggplant and Spinach Lasagne Recipe
Who doesn’t love a good lasagne? Even better, who doesn’t love a gluten-free vegie-loaded lasagne? The addition of frozen spinach...
Iron-rich (No) Meatballs with Zucchini Pasta Recipe
(No) meat, no worries! Iron, in the form of non-haem iron, can be found in plant-based foods too so don’t...