Cacao Hemp Balls Recipe
Hemp seeds are one of the richest plant sources of polyunsaturated essential fatty acids. They contain a perfect balance of omega-3 to omega-6 fats which help promote strong immune function and cardiovascular health.
Makes: 14 balls
- 1 packed cup medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup hemp seeds, plus extra for topping
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts, plus 16 extra
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ tbsp cold-pressed coconut oil
- Place dates, hemp seeds, cacao powder, tahini and hazelnuts (reserving 16) in food processor, and blend until well combined and mixture forms balls.
- Using heaped tbsp of mixture place hazelnut in centre and mould mixture around nut.
- Place balls on tray lined with baking paper in freezer for 20 mins to set.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in small pan. Dip each ball in melted chocolate and place on tray, sprinkle with hemp seeds and place back in freezer for 20 mins.
- Store leftovers in the freezer.
BBQ Jackfruit Pizza Recipe
Do you want to create a sensation at the dinner table? This vegan jackfruit pizza will blow your dinner guests’...
Asparagus & Fennel Soup with Cumin-spiced Lotus Chips Recipe
Although fennel and asparagus are less common ingredients, this soup combines their flavours beautifully in a unique affair, perfect for...
Ricotta with Eggplant, Olives & Tomato Recipe
Eggplant is such a wonderfully ‘meaty’ vegetable, and makes the ultimate crowd-pleasing starter when teamed with these scrumptious Italian flavours.