Cauliflower, Chickpea and Pomegranate Tagine Recipe
Brassica vegetables such as cauliflower are nutrient-rich powerhouses that are loaded with disease-fighting vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals. Most of brassicas’ beneficial effects are linked to their unique phytochemicals which have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and lipid- and blood-sugar-lowering effects. This makes cauliflower an excellent food choice for helping to prevent chronic diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes.
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas
- ½ large head cauliflower, cut into large florets
- Juice & zest 1 lemon
- ½ pomegranate, seeds only
- Handful fresh coriander leaves & stems, roughly chopped
- Steamed rice, quinoa, flat bread, yoghurt, to serve
- Sauté onion and garlic in large pot or tagine until they start to soften.
- Add cumin, coriander, turmeric, salt and pepper, and stock, then bring to boil. Return to simmer and add chickpeas and cauliflower and cook for 30 mins.
- Toss cauliflower, then add lemon juice and zest and cook uncovered for another 5–10 mins, until liquid has been absorbed.
- Toss through pomegranate seeds and fresh coriander.
- Delicious served with steamed rice, quinoa or flat bread and some yoghurt.
Parmesan-Roasted Okra with Corn Recipe
Okra has been used traditionally as a food and medicine for hundreds of years in South America, Africa and the...
Okra, Haloumi & Bulgur Salad Recipe
The combination of pan-fried okra, haloumi, pomegranate and fresh herbs makes this salad a simple weekday dish. Okra often has...
Okra with Kefir Lime, Coconut Rice and Sambal Recipe
I absolutely love the combination of the okra with this incredible rice! This is a very simple method of cooking...
Okra Panzanella Recipe
I love adding olives and roasted capsicum to this traditional Tuscan-inspired recipe. The addition of pan-fried okra and lemon gives...