Cheesies RecipeCredit: Georgia Harding
These are a really delicious, nut-free savoury cracker. It’s impossible to buy a savoury cracker with this much nourishment and protein. Warning: it’s very difficult to stop at one!
Makes: approx. 20 crackers
- 140g ground mixed seeds or almond meal
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- 30g parmesan cheese, grated
- 70g chilled butter, cubed
- 60g buckwheat flour
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper or paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line large biscuit tray with baking paper.
- Grind seeds in food processor. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in processor and mix at high speed until well combined, forming sticky batter.
- Place mixture on sheet of baking paper and roll into sausage shape approximately 5cm in diameter (about as wide as regular rice cracker).
- Place in fridge for 30 mins or more, then cut into 5mm discs.
- Arrange on lined biscuit tray leaving a little space to spread. Bake for 15 mins or until they just begin to brown. Take care not to overcook as they can become a bit bitter.
- Cool on tray (they will harden as they cool).
- Store in airtight container. Can also be frozen.
Discover organic at our Welbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Broccoli and Macadamia Pesto Recipe
Broccoli is a great source of dietary fibre and vitamin C, required to support bowel health and immune and adrenal...
Two-minute Broccoli with Sesame and Fried Shallots Recipe
Want to know the best unconventional way to steam vegies? Use a frying pan with a lid to get perfect...
Teacup Watermelon Soup Recipe
A sweet and crunchy salad and a one-bowl wonder, this gorgeous Teacup Watermelon Soup recipe is delicious.
One-Pot Mexican Kidney Bean and Rice Recipe
Including fibre-rich red kidney beans in the diet will help lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease....