These are a really delicious, nut-free savoury cracker. It’s impossible to buy a savoury cracker with this much nourishment and protein. Warning: it’s very difficult to stop at one!
Makes: approx. 20 crackers
- 140g ground mixed seeds or almond meal
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- 30g parmesan cheese, grated
- 70g chilled butter, cubed
- 60g buckwheat flour
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper or paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line large biscuit tray with baking paper.
- Grind seeds in food processor. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in processor and mix at high speed until well combined, forming sticky batter.
- Place mixture on sheet of baking paper and roll into sausage shape approximately 5cm in diameter (about as wide as regular rice cracker).
- Place in fridge for 30 mins or more, then cut into 5mm discs.
- Arrange on lined biscuit tray leaving a little space to spread. Bake for 15 mins or until they just begin to brown. Take care not to overcook as they can become a bit bitter.
- Cool on tray (they will harden as they cool).
- Store in airtight container. Can also be frozen.
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Mushroom Omelette Wrap Recipe
This omelette wrap is a delicious, nutrient-dense fast meal that the whole family will adore.
Spinach Pie Recipe
A pie is a great way to get some extra greens into the whole family. This dish is easy to...
Silverbeet Soup Recipe
The yoghurt topping in this dish helps your body unlock and absorb the minerals in these beautiful leafy greens.
Caramelised Onion and Lentil Soup with Mustard Parmesan Croutons Recipe
The mustardy croutons with this soup are the best part. Make sure you have plenty of those!