These are a really delicious, nut-free savoury cracker. It’s impossible to buy a savoury cracker with this much nourishment and protein. Warning: it’s very difficult to stop at one!
Makes: approx. 20 crackers
- 140g ground mixed seeds or almond meal
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- 30g parmesan cheese, grated
- 70g chilled butter, cubed
- 60g buckwheat flour
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper or paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line large biscuit tray with baking paper.
- Grind seeds in food processor. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in processor and mix at high speed until well combined, forming sticky batter.
- Place mixture on sheet of baking paper and roll into sausage shape approximately 5cm in diameter (about as wide as regular rice cracker).
- Place in fridge for 30 mins or more, then cut into 5mm discs.
- Arrange on lined biscuit tray leaving a little space to spread. Bake for 15 mins or until they just begin to brown. Take care not to overcook as they can become a bit bitter.
- Cool on tray (they will harden as they cool).
- Store in airtight container. Can also be frozen.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Jackfruit Lettuce Cup Tacos with Pickled Cabbage Recipe
Jackfruit is a low-glycaemic index fruit that’s high in fibre, so it won’t cause spikes in blood sugar levels. Win,...
Jackfruit Salad Recipe
Jackfruit contains beta-carotene, an important eye nutrient that helps improve vision. Try this delicious salad tonight!
Pulled Jackfruit San Choy Bau Recipe
Make this delicious meal more substantial by serving with rice noodles in the lettuce cups if you like.
Silverbeet, Basil and Feta Rolls Recipe
These rolls are a quick and easy lunch or dinner and perfect for fussy eaters! Why not try them out...