These are a really delicious, nut-free savoury cracker. It’s impossible to buy a savoury cracker with this much nourishment and protein. Warning: it’s very difficult to stop at one!
Makes: approx. 20 crackers
- 140g ground mixed seeds or almond meal
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- 30g parmesan cheese, grated
- 70g chilled butter, cubed
- 60g buckwheat flour
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper or paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line large biscuit tray with baking paper.
- Grind seeds in food processor. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in processor and mix at high speed until well combined, forming sticky batter.
- Place mixture on sheet of baking paper and roll into sausage shape approximately 5cm in diameter (about as wide as regular rice cracker).
- Place in fridge for 30 mins or more, then cut into 5mm discs.
- Arrange on lined biscuit tray leaving a little space to spread. Bake for 15 mins or until they just begin to brown. Take care not to overcook as they can become a bit bitter.
- Cool on tray (they will harden as they cool).
- Store in airtight container. Can also be frozen.
Discover organic at our Welbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Rosemary Flaxseed Crackers Recipe
These gluten-free crackers make an ideal snack with dips and cheeses. Need a picnic idea?
Indian Spiced Cauliflower Recipe
This delicious and healthy dish is especially lovely served with basmati rice cooked in coconut milk.
Asparagus Pita Pizza Recipe
This simple vegetarian pizza dinner is perfect for Meat-Free Monday’s (a campaign that encourages us to try one meat-free day...
Zucchini Fritters Recipe
Did you know that zucchinis are great for eye health and protection against age-related eye diseases? Try these delicious fritters...