Cheesies RecipeCredit: Georgia Harding
These are a really delicious, nut-free savoury cracker. It’s impossible to buy a savoury cracker with this much nourishment and protein. Warning: it’s very difficult to stop at one!
Makes: approx. 20 crackers
- 140g ground mixed seeds or almond meal
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- 30g parmesan cheese, grated
- 70g chilled butter, cubed
- 60g buckwheat flour
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper or paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line large biscuit tray with baking paper.
- Grind seeds in food processor. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in processor and mix at high speed until well combined, forming sticky batter.
- Place mixture on sheet of baking paper and roll into sausage shape approximately 5cm in diameter (about as wide as regular rice cracker).
- Place in fridge for 30 mins or more, then cut into 5mm discs.
- Arrange on lined biscuit tray leaving a little space to spread. Bake for 15 mins or until they just begin to brown. Take care not to overcook as they can become a bit bitter.
- Cool on tray (they will harden as they cool).
- Store in airtight container. Can also be frozen.
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Leek Cannelloni with Pumpkin and Ricotta Recipe
Who doesn't love a good cannelloni dish? This version is healthy, nourishing and deliciously creamy. Enjoy!
Raspberry and Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
This recipe is not only gluten-free but also grain-free. Perfect for that mid-afternoon snack!
Individual Rhubarb Crumbles Recipe
This crumble is the healthy answer to your sweet-tooth cravings that won’t leave you feeling guilty and bloated.