Cheesies RecipeCredit: Georgia Harding
These are a really delicious, nut-free savoury cracker. It’s impossible to buy a savoury cracker with this much nourishment and protein. Warning: it’s very difficult to stop at one!
Makes: approx. 20 crackers
- 140g ground mixed seeds or almond meal
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- 30g parmesan cheese, grated
- 70g chilled butter, cubed
- 60g buckwheat flour
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper or paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line large biscuit tray with baking paper.
- Grind seeds in food processor. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in processor and mix at high speed until well combined, forming sticky batter.
- Place mixture on sheet of baking paper and roll into sausage shape approximately 5cm in diameter (about as wide as regular rice cracker).
- Place in fridge for 30 mins or more, then cut into 5mm discs.
- Arrange on lined biscuit tray leaving a little space to spread. Bake for 15 mins or until they just begin to brown. Take care not to overcook as they can become a bit bitter.
- Cool on tray (they will harden as they cool).
- Store in airtight container. Can also be frozen.
Discover organic at our Welbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Edamame & Chickpea Salad with Green Tahini Dressing Recipe
Edamame works beautifully in this Mediterranean-style salad and adds a great pop of colour to the dish.
Edamame Wonton Parcels Recipe
These parcels are a lovely way to enjoy edamame. They make a delicious healthy afternoon snack or entrée at a...
Hummus Vegie Pie Recipe
Looking for an impressive dinner idea? This gorgeous hummus vegie pie is full of goodness and taste.
Broccoli Pie with Sweet Potato Crust Recipe
Are you gluten-free? Do you miss pastry? In this pie, the sweet potato crust is incredibly easy to prepare and...