Savoury Chickpea Crêpes Recipe
Chickpea crêpes are the perfect savoury gluten-free alternative to bread when you’re craving a sandwich-type meal. You can whip your mixture up in a blender and leave it in the fridge for when you next fancy a crêpe. Easy!
Makes: 8 crêpes
- 2½ cups besan (chickpea) flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup hummus
- ½ cup mung bean sprouts
- 100g goat’s cheese
- 2 cups rocket
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a blender, combine the besan flour, water and salt. Blend on high until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a crêpe pan or medium frying pan over a medium heat with enough oil to lightly coat the pan.
- Pour in a ¼ cup of the crêpe mixture. Cook for 2–3 mins, or until bubbles start to form.
- Carefully flip with a spatula and continue cooking for a further 2–3 mins, or until cooked through like a thin pancake.
- Top each crêpe with hummus, mung beans, goat’s cheese, rocket, chicken, and a generous drizzle of olive oil.
Fluffy Buckwheat Pancakes Recipe
These gluten-free pancakes offer a sweet breakfast or brunch treat that is fluffy, light and delicious — a delight for your...
Masoor Vegan Dal
Made with red lentils and fragrant spices, this traditional vegan dal is power-packed with dietary fibre and protein and it...
Mango Lassi Recipe
This mango lassi recipe is best used with ripe mangoes for a naturally sweet flavour – it's great with and...
Healing Chicken Soup
This healing chicken soup is one of the most nutritious and nourishing meals around, perfect for when you feel run...